Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Husband Rocks on Saturday, too.


Okay, so with everything going on yesterday, I may have forgotten my Friday pledge to praise my husband. But that's okay because he rocks everyday of the week.

Today, we went out and ran some errands after our early morning, "Yes, your ovaries are still there" appointment. We met with the RE who is going to do my retrieval in the morning, and the new doctor in the practice. She was manning Mr. Wandy today, and made what I thought was a funny comment. "I am having trouble seeing anything other than her right ovary on the screen." That's because righty is MASSIVE!

I'm starting to worry about starting school and what I'm going to be able to wear if I'm really bloated. I've tried to pick up a few things over the summer that are "maternity friendly" when they are on sale. Today, I gave up on doing things halfway and actually purchased some items from the maternity sections at Target and Kohls. I feel like I broke some kind of IF club rule, but oh my God, I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner! I am so uncomfortable and bloated, and they make pants with nice wide comfy elastic waistbands, that actually make me look thinner!

I ended up with two pairs of capris and a couple of dresses. I figure if we don't get pregnant this cycle, at least I'll have something to wear when I just get fat from too much dessert :-)

Tonight, I'm offically cooked. I am so sore, bloated, and have a lot of pain on my right side. I'm not moving from this couch until bedtime, and I hope I feel better after retrieval in the morning. I guess the Vicodin will help with that!

What does this have to do with my husband? He very patiently went shopping with me, held my stuff, gave honest opinions in the dressing room (we have hit a point where it is okay to say I look pudgy or pregnant in something), and didn't complain when I picked out a new pair of shoes. Quite a guy, my husband!

9 comments:

Fifty K said...

What a sweetie. Good Job to your DH.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet hubby! As for clothes that make someone look thinner...I'm all for that. Who care what department they come from?

Good luck with retrieval!!!

Echloe said...

I love your husband.

Jen said...

I'm praying for you during this time of waiting...

The Red Headed Mama said...

Your hubby also rocks for keeping us updated! :)

BTW: You've been Tagged!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad that you got some comfy clothes. I have some maternity clothes that I bought when I was pg...and I was strongly considering wearing them the other day b/c I felt icky and bloated. I say comfort is #1 for you right now! :) Your H sounds awesome. ((hugs)) Hope you are doing well.

Evergreen said...

That's hilarious that you bought pants from the maternity section! I'm glad they make you more comfortable. I'm hoping everything went well today with ER (Personally, I loved the valium!;-)

katylinvw said...

what a great guy! :) hope your retrieval went well!

poppy.f.seed said...

good luck with ER!
and, smart to buy some comfy clothes. Bring something warm to retrieval, I was freezing!