Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is this what they call "popping"?

Dear Blog,

It's been 8 days since my last post. . . where has the time gone? Oh yeah, it's been me, feeling like puking, and then sometimes really puking from about the time I get home from school until I go to bed. My social life has been miserable, and while I'm aiming for bed early every night, the sickness sometimes makes that hard.

But I am pregnant and I love my babies!

But they are not being very nice. I've reminded them that Mommy needs to eat if they want nutrition, and if they want oxygen I can't be throwing up my asthma drugs at night. So far they are unimpressed. Luckily, most days I have been okay at school, I just wish this year's class could be like last year's. I am so tired of yelling and getting no response. They really are different being this age.

Our next ultrasound is Friday, and I am so nervous. We've gotten so attached to my little beans, and we are getting used to the idea of double strollers and a bigger car. It's scary to think something could have gone wrong, and this week is crawling waiting for my appointment.

I have to say there is one sign that seems to point to multiple babies. . .behold the belly!


I'm thinking my secret isn't going to be much of a secret much longer. I am thinking about coming out at work after my ultrasound on Friday - I can't keep hiding this! I feel like the actress on TV who is pregnant but her character isn't. I hide behind desks, my lunchbox, I try not to let anyone who doesn't know see me from the side. . .I just need a big potted plant to carry around and it would be great.

8w3d. Holy crap. It didn't look like that a couple days ago. I think I popped!

11 comments:

kate said...

Holy cow! That's a major belly bump so early. Nice! :) It looks beautiful on you.

Anonymous said...

You look great! Such a cute baby bump!!!

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, you have popped!! Look at that beautiful baby belly!! How are you going to keep it a secret much longer? Lol!

Anonymous said...

Wow girl! That is some tummy. You definitely look pregnant. I just look pudgy. :)

Tiffanie said...

nice bump! i love it that you said you feel like a tv actress and try to hide behind stuff! hilarious! good luck w/ your u/s tomorrow:)

Anonymous said...

I know that you are going to take the following statement exactly as it's meant - as a big positive...

You definitely have quite the belly going on there! Did you think you'd ever be happy to hear someone say that?!

Major congrats to you! Feel free to keep the belly shots coming. I know I will when it is (hopefully soon) my turn. :)

Beth said...

I can't wait to do a belly photo shoot when I see you! Start bookmarking stuff you like so we try our hand at some great photos :)

Beth

Erin said...

Nice belly!
I am so jealous that you have a bump already! All I have is the pudge I had before...

Chelle said...

That's a pop!!

Stephanie said...

Wow, your baby bump is definitely growing!!! I'm 8w1d and my belly definitely doesn't look that round. I wish it did! :) I hope your u/s went ok today. I'm eagerly waiting for an update.

Echloe said...

Loving the baby belly.