Saturday, September 13, 2008

Big News!

I know most of my blog readers are on boards where this has already been shared but. . .We're having twins!!!

We had our first ultrasound yesterday. According to the IVF calculator online (and retrieval date) I was 6w5d. The IVF nurse has it calculated as 6w3d. We were hoping to hear the heartbeat, but knew it was early.


The day before DH and I had discussed all the possibilities at the ultrasound. One healthy baby, two healthy babies, one healthy baby and one empty sac, three little heartbeats, etc. We just wanted to be prepared since I have been so nervous.


The Dr. came in and congratulated us on our pregnancy. We hadn't seen him since the transfer. He started the ultrasound and told us that he saw two sacs. At that point, I wasn't sure if that meant two babies or not. He zoomed in on the first baby and marked it A. As he was taking measurements he pointed out that we could see a visible flashing on the screen that was the heartbeat. Absolutely amazing.


Here is Baby A:


And then he moved over and zoomed in on Baby B. Baby B is measuring about the same, but we couldn't see the heartbeat yet.


Here is Baby B:


We go back in two weeks unless there are any issues in the meantime. It's crazy! We went to Panera for breakfast, and I think DH was totally in shock. I could practically see the dollar signs in his head. And at one point he asked when we were going to have to start shopping for mini-vans. As of right now, I am starting to feel sicker, and worried about what the rest of this trimester and pregnancy will bring.


We are excited, cautious, and a little bit terrified. There are two of them in there!

10 comments:

Paula Keller said...

WOW!!! That's amazing! What a lot to think about and take in!

YAY!

kimber926 said...

Hi babies!!

Erin said...

Wow! That's great! Congratulations! I must have missed the post on the board!
That's so exciting, 2 for the price of 1!!
You're gonna have rough spots, but you'll totally make it through.
Good luck!!

Evergreen said...

Congratulations! What a relief to see the babies. Great pictures, thanks for posting them!

kate said...

There are tears of happiness in my eyes for you! Congrats!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I am ecstatic for you! The sick part's not great - but that usually means the babies are doing well. Take care of yourself!

Barb Paulick (Frank Aguilar's Mom)

Kristi said...

OMG!!! Congratulations!!! That is soooo awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

Chelle said...

Kinda Scary, but such wonderful news!!

Stephanie said...

I am SOOO happy and excited for you! I'm saying tons of prayers that baby B is growing and doing great in there!! ((HUGS))

mrsblondies said...

Congratulations on your twins! Good luck!