Thursday, July 24, 2008

Friends and Flowers

This IVF cycle is dragging. Probably not good that I'm home on summer break, and being really lazy. Every step we do, it seems like forever until the next step. I guess that's the only good thing about starting school not long after transfer, at least I'll be working during 1 week of the 2ww so I'm not just sitting home obsessing.

So I figured I would entertain with photos. Last night I had the opportunity to meet up with some of my college friends and their husbands and families. We had a cold and rainy night for a picnic, but it was so nice to see them. It made me realize how lucky I am to have been part of such a wonderful group of women in college. I feel more comfortable and more ME with them than with anyone else.

The lighting was bad (and bad me didn't make the right adjustments on my camera), but here are a few photos:

Jessica and Michael are on home on a visit from Bolivia. They were the inspiration for our get together.DZ girls - two of them were roommates of mine.

Jenn, her husband Eric and their dog Dutch, a poodle/beagle mix.





Natalie and her four month old Andy - he wasn't happy at this point of the evening.

Natalie's husband (another Andy) and daughter Summer.

And just for fun, some of my flowers. I cannot stress how much I LOVE my Nikon D80, and these flowers make a fun and easy subject. These are all growing in my front yard.



12 comments:

Beth said...

I really am going to get a matching camera, I just don't know when... Great to see photos of everyone.

Paula Keller said...

I feel the same way about being glad that I'll be busy during the 2ww! I've gotta be back on the 11th.

I've already been to school this week trying to get my room ready. It was a disaster. They moved me out to another building in the school. I'm trying to get that all done before retrieval and transfer.

I especially LOVE the pictures of the daylillies!

Karol said...

That's awesome you got to spend some time with old friends. Nice flower pictures Ms.Photograher!(think i spelled that wrong, oh, well)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot a fun... :)

kate said...

Glad you had some friend time to make this waiting part a bit easier.

Oh, and I love the picture of the little pink flowers. So cute.

Kate said...

GL with your IVF cycle. Your ER will be here before you know it:)

I am also a DZ.

Kate

Kelly said...

I love spending time with old friends. Great pics Jen!

Shelli said...

Love the blog design, btw. Great photos!

Best of luck this cycle~!

Tiffanie said...

i love the flower pics! you did a really good job!

Shereen said...

OMG Jen - that 3rd flower looks just like a freaking post card! Sorry about IVF dragging ass. Hopefully it will pick up for you soon!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you had a good time with your friends. :) I also love taking pics of my flowers!!! :)

Echloe said...

Those are great photos. And I like the new look.