Friday, February 26, 2010

Project 365 Update

I don't really have a whole lot to blog about today. . .I guess I could rejoice because I had a snow day today! But other than that, well, geez, this is my second post this week, I have nothing new to talk about! I did want to post some photo updates, since it's easier to do them in smaller groups. Where we left off. . .

February 19 - My friend Jen recommended Jack's Big Music Show as a non-annoying children's show. Ben and Maggie (especially Maggie) LOVE it! I couldn't get a great picture of the TV, but here's the angle the babies see it from. Man, the TV controls do look enticing from this viewpoint. Ben is constantly crawling over to them and changing things. Andy said that he somehow managed to turn off the surround sound, and he can't figure out how to turn it back on.
February 20 - This is what happens to onions you forget about in the bottom of the pantry. Apparently it was trying to make new onions? I have such a bad track record with produce. Did you know that potatoes liquify if you leave them in your garage and forget about them? Zucchini do the same thing. And cucumbers. This was a new one though.
February 21 - Maggie helped Andy clip some coupons. My husband is a coupon king. We started clipping them a year or two ago. Andy had to do all of our grocery shopping when I was pregnant. I couldn't take the smell in the beginning and then in the end I couldn't walk around the store. He usually saves at least $50 when he goes between the coupons and the sales. It has become a challenge, and I don't mind at all that he took over this job. Maggie just thought it was fun to play in the mess.
February 22 - Bathtime has become such fun. Ben spends the whole time trying to climb out of the tub. Maggie too sometimes. This night was one of those nights when they both seemed determined to fall out on their heads. Fun times for Mommy. It's nights like this where I think of how much easier it is for other people. I mean, one baby, a mommy AND a daddy? And yet they probably think of how tough it is sometimes to get that one baby clean. I'm a superhero.
February 23 - This is Maggie and her monkey. She calls him "Kee". Every night, she snuggles with him. She flaps her arms around and squeals when she sees him. And on nights when I see her fall asleep, she puts him directly on her face before she can fall asleep. I've tried to explain that sleeping with a snuggly on her face is a SIDS risk, but she's not listening.
February 24 - This night I took a picture of the dishwasher and the washing machine. I don't know that those two appliances ever worked so hard before as they have since babies. We run the dishwasher everyday. Which means it has to be loaded, run, emptied and reloaded every day. There are cycles where it is always my job, and I hate it. This week, it was always Andy's. Sorry sweetie.
February 25 - My students had their big "Wax Museum" night at school. For a project my teaching partner does every year, they are required to research a famous person, write a research paper, create a scrapbook, write a speech, and become that famous person in costume. On Wax Museum night, they dress like their famous person and stay posed like a wax figurine. When someone comes to their station and pushes their button, they come to life and give their speech. Since I am alone with the babies at night, it was either rush them to a babysitter or bring them along. They were mostly good and my kids enjoyed meeting them.
February 26 - A picture in daylight! Sorry it's blurry, but I had to show off Ben's "special" skill. He's pulling up now on everything (including the Diaper Champ - ew) and can even balance with one hand. Today he was helping me fold the laundry when he should have been napping. My 1o month old son has given up his afternoon nap. Doesn' that seem young???

3 comments:

The Red Headed Mama said...

I am cracking up b/c one of my 365 pics is of the TV while Jack was on. Ian adores that show, we have it on DVR and it's about the only thing he will actually watch.

Paula Keller said...

Great pictures!

"Kee", so cute!

Ohmygosh, dealing with the dishwasher every day. Not looking forward to that! :)

Anonymous said...

Jen,

When Angela and R.J. were little R.J. pretty much destroyed our surround sound. He's 15 now and just a few months ago he and his Dad got it going again! We put a plexiglas cover in front of the TV controls so they couldn't get at that. We put the toy box in front of the wood burning stove (after they got into it and spread ashes all over. Of course, R.J. would just move it aside - so we put a 50 lb. weight in it. R.J. just moved it aside! So we put a 100 lb. weight in it. R.J. got pretty mad but he couldn't move it!

Barb Paulick (Frank's Mom)