I had conferences on the day they turned 10 months, so Andy did the pictures. It always goes better with two people, but I think they turned out okay.
February 10 - Exhibits A and B
Hey look, there's something on my shirt. 
You have one too! Believe it or not, I think this is the best group photo of the day. 
Andy swears no one fell off the glider during these pictures, I'm not so sure?
February 11 - Grandma's here! My Mom came home for the week from Florida. We have had a ball, hanging out, going out to eat, doing laundry. . .you know, Mom things. 
February 12 - This is our current favorite thing to do - empty out the toybox. We put things in, they take them out, good times. 
February 13 - My Mom and Grandma watched Ben and Maggie so Mommy and Daddy could go on a date. This is us before we left for dinner and a movie. Look how funny we look as a couple with only one baby. 
February 14 - Happy Valentine's Day! This was the best I could do in the glider. I think maybe it's time to find a new place for photos. These are my Valentine's and the best present ever. 
February 15 - Maggie figured out how to crawl! She has gone forward maybe once that I've seen, but she's getting really good at backwards. She even does it the right way!
February 16 - Bath night was a big attraction. Our bathroom really doesn't seem big enough for two people, two babies and a dog, does it?
February 17 - We made a run to Babies R Us to replace all of our bath products because of my new paranoia about chemicals and cancer. . .on the way home we went to one of my favorite restaurants with the babies. They gave them each a banana fruit cup free, they split applesauce, had sweet potato fries and water. They flirted with people at tables around us and were good. We love Grinders! 
February 18 - My Mom's last day, and her best friend from California happened to be arriving today. She came down to my house to meet the babies. For years, I have heard about the traditional hug pose they get a picture doing on every visit. My Mom's friend is a crazy, spunky woman who has a disease called Distonia (I'm not sure if I'm spelling that right) which has made her hunched over and twisted. They have been friends since they were kids, and I know how hard it is for my Mom to not see her much. They are a true testament to friendship though, and I know so many of their stories. I'm sure there are plenty I don't know. What I do know, is that when I am my Mom's age, I hope to still be taking these kinds of pictures with Beth. What is that saying? We're going to have to be friend's forever, she knows too much.
Mom goes back to Florida in the morning, and we will survive without her. I think. At least for another month or so when she will hopefully come back. Please?
1 comment:
That picture of Ben's leg up in the air is hilarious! Ah, the things that happpen when Mommy's not around...
And the photo of your mom and her friend is awesome--I'm sure that will be us someday! Makes me wonder just how many photos we've taken together so far (in 14 years!)
Post a Comment