Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter fun and games!

That might be a bit of a stretch. . .

Welcome to my entry in this week's bloghop! I left it until the last minute because, well, I'm a procrastinator, and well, because I wasn't feeling totally inspired by the topic.

Here in Cleveland we are snowed in but everywhere has days where cabin fever can creep in. What are your favorite activities to do with your kids?

We have an assorted group of mommies who join in our bloghop, and I'm sure some of them had better answers, because this is what immediately came to mind.

They eat.
They poop.
They get their diapers changed.
They drink bottles.
They get their picture taken. Alot.
They like to watch Jack's Big Music Show.
They play.

It seems pretty similar to what will happen when it warms up, except maybe we'll take walks in the stroller or wear less layers.

So I decided to be a little creative with my topic, and instead brag about my brilliant babies. The past couple of weeks have been an absolute explosion of new tricks. My kids are clearly geniuses in the making. Here's the rundown.

Maggie. We'll start with her because she's older and, well, because she seems to have a longer list. I think that what I'm really seeing is the big difference between girls and boys. She is more verbal, she mimics, and really interacts. We have heard her say Mama, Dada (and Da-dee), hi, bye-bye, and words that sound like "Baby", "Maggie", "kitty", "monkey" and "dog". She's still working on antidisestablishmentarianism. She waves, she plays peek-a-boo (has been since summer), makes kissing noises when you give her a kiss and is just sounding more and more like an older baby.

Ben's newest tricks are all motor skills. Crawling on his hands and knees now, pulling up, creeping along the couch. He can pull up, sit down, roll over, get up on his knees, balance while bending to pick things up. . .all kinds of crazy, neat skills that he didn't have a month ago. It's amazing, and frankly a little frightening since our house that was reasonably baby proofed a couple of weeks ago is now not quite Ben proof. We need to go up another level. We need to move.

I want to take a moment to point out that this is my 6th, that's right I said 6th post in February. If this keeps up, I could be one of those bloggers that actually attracts followers! I could be famous! Or at least, I could keep up with my other blogger friends in the post department. Watch out blogging world, here I come!

Now, back to that little boy who's trying to remove the insulating plastic from the window in baby jail. Sigh.


MckLinky Blog Hop

1 comment:

Sara said...

Cal loves Jack's Big Music Show too :)

Isn't it amazing how babies learn something new all of a sudden?