This week, I'm starting something new. I'm joining a group of Moms I know in my first ever Blog Hop. It will require one weekly "on topic" blog, and something called a McLinky that I'm thinking I'm going to be able to figure out. I've never done any group blogging, so this should be fun.
This week's topic is "What aspects of your parent's parenting do you want to continue in parenting your own kids?"
This should be an easy topic, but I am realizing I don't know how to answer the question. I think it's partly because of my memory issues (I forget so much of my life) and partly just because I think my parents parented without being obvious about it. They weren't too strict, they weren't too lenient. Somehow or another, they managed to raise a child who loved to read, was kind to others, and who felt a good deal of guilt when doing something wrong, even if there was no way her mother would ever find out. One thing I do remember for sure is that my parents were always there. If it was a concert, or a field trip, or a school play, my parents were there to cheer me on.
I am an only child, so I know that my experience was a little different than people who had siblings. I had all my parent's attention, all of the time. It was a bit overwhelming sometimes, but I realize now why my life was so important to theirs. Because I was theirs. I love my babies with every fiber of my being, and I want to be with them, and know everything about them. I made them, I've known them since the moment they were born, and they are a part of me.
We will always be there for them. We will show them new places, document their lives with photos, read to them and teach them to love books. We will support them in their interests and listen when they talk. They will have things they want, but they won't be spoiled. They will love music, they will love to travel, and they will know everyday that they are loved.

I wanted to just throw my Project 365 pictures in here, because really, who knows when I'll have a chance again? I'm starting to realize that I really need to vary my subjects a little. . .and I wish I wasn't using my stupid flash so much!
January 19 - Fine motor skills are just such a beautiful thing. Mmm. . .cheerios. So far, we eat cheerios, puffs, cheese, eggs, mangos, chicken, potatoes, pot roast, and fries. They eat real people food now, crazy!
January 20th - Hee hee. . .look at what they are reading!
January 21st - Look at that handsome boy! The shirt is from Andy's friend TJ - his sister makes them. Cute, huh?
January 22nd - Silly boy peering out from over his bumper. He pulls up now in the crib, and has bonked his head a few times on the railing. Monkey.
Janary 23 - Happy birthday Will! This is Ben and Maggie's friend Will. They go to his house fur days a week since his Mom is our babysitter. The three are becoming such good friends.
Happy Birthday Grandma! On the same day as Will's party, we went to Blue Canyon to have dinner for Grandma's birthday. They were so good! We orded off the menu for them for the first time - they had green beans and a couples bits of french fry along with their usual
January 24 - Bedtime snack!
Too tired, but must eat gaham cracker! January 25. So this month has been a crazy month. Somehow I don't see it getting better anytime soon.
January 26 - ths sight that typically greets Andy when he gets home from work. . . okay, there was a picture here before???
January 27 - helping Mommy stuff diapers.
Talking to Grandma on the speakerphone. Damn it!!! I've lost two pictures now?!?!?!?
January 28 - My SIL Patti came over so we could work on the letters for her nursery. They turned out quite cute if I do say so myself, and we can't wait to meet him!
January 29 - Just hanging out in baby jail, eating some cheerios. Look at those happy babies!
January 30 - Look! It's Daddy! And it's daylight! Must be a weekend if Mommy is home to witness this rare combination of things!
January 31 - Because you are never to young for social networking. . .looking at pictures of their friend Will on Facebook. I can't believe they are old enough to hold themselves up like that!
February 1 - Ben demonstrating the spill resistant bowl.
February 2 - Ben and. . .wait, that's not my sister. Ben and Olivia's first dinner date. Olivia belongs to my friend Jen, and if you read her blog, well then I bet you are super jealous that I know her in real life!
3 comments:
OMG, love the pictures! Those babies are just too cute!
Those pics are wonderful! I agree that learning to love to read is something so important that my parents gave me.
the pictures. what did you wright again?!! :)
i love 'em. and their people eating, facebooking, dateing skills!
Post a Comment