- Ben pulls up and stands up everywhere. This includes a high chair at PF Changs last week. Bad Mommy. Apparently that is what the seatbelts are for.
- We are getting really fast at crawling. Both of them are good at following me now. And taking down cats.
- Maggie has started feeding Lily from her highchair. She pics up a Cheerio, holds it over the edge, drops it and then cranes her neck around so she can watch the dog eat it. She smiles and giggles and thinks it is hysterical.
- All four of their upper front teeth are coming in right now. Thankfully, nothing seems to keep them from sleeping at night.
- They have discovered the stairs.
- And the Diaper Champ.
- And the cat door.
- And everything else you can imagine we don't want them getting into.
- I've spotted both of them crawling while carrying something in their mouth. Learning from the dog, I guess.
- Our new favorite game? Take things out and put things in. They love to empty things like buckets, boxes, laundry baskets, toy boxes. It's making laundry more interesting.
February 27 - Maggie sporting Ben's sweatshirt (his head is too big). Showing off her standing skills and then a funny angry Peanut face.
February 28 - I spent a good chunk of my afternoon watching a hockey game. The gold medal US vs. Canada game. The US won, but in honour of my Canadian ancestors, I was okay with it. Hey, it was way more important to them. I miss the Olympics, we watched them all the time!
March 1 - Not the most exciting photo, one of only two I took this day. But here is Ben in his natural habitat, messing with stuff.
March 2 - I met up with another MoM who was in town with her 16 month old twins and her 2 1/2 year old. We went to PF Changs. Two mommies, five high chairs. Good times. And hey, other than Ben's high chair acrobatics, one of her twins putting a rice bowl on his head, and Maggie wailing after getting poked with a chopstick, I think it went well.
March 3 - Ryan is on his way! Andy took the night off so he could be at the hospital. The little guy didn't arrive for quite awhile, but Andy stayed most of the time, and I got to be in the delivery room to take pictures!
March 4 - I was amazed and honored to be able to be there to see the birth of my nephew. I have much more graphic photos, but I liked this one. The midwife was awesome, and I loved seeing a normal birth that went well with a healthy full term baby. And I think I'm okay with having missed out on it with my little ones!
March 5 - Andy's Grandpa came to meet his newest great-grandson. I don't think he has ever held Ben or Maggie, so I was surprised he wanted to hold him. Isn't that just the proudest look on his face?
March 6 - My Mom sent a package to the twins for St. Patrick's Day. I put this on Ben to get a picture, and was cracking up when I saw the screen. It really looks like he's pointing! And yes, he is Irish. And he gets plenty of kisses.
March 7 - We're not really 11 months old here. We faked it because we needed the picture for our 1st Birthday Party invitations. We also figured it was daylight, we were both home, and it was close enough.
I took a bunch of photos that I LOVE after the fake birthday shoot, and I wanted to share them. I had a major meltdown this night when I realized that this would be the last milk that Maggie got if I stopped pumping in the morning like I had been planning. There was a lot of crying. I chickened out. I am still pumping at 6:00 in the morning. Maybe next week. And while I'm on this picture, that is the sad state of my my milk supply. I've never exactly been a fountain or anything, but over the summer I regularly got 6-8 ounces. That amount there? Just about an ounce.
March 8 - Yup, more nudey shots. Ben is chewing on his fingers all the time. Teeth. Maggie just looks like she is plotting world domination. Oh, and that standing up thing that they are doing? All the time in the tub. I need seatbelts.
March 9 - This is the life of a cloth diaper family. Washing and stuffing diapers is a pain, but I am still so happy we decided to do this.
2 comments:
Hearing about all the crazy things that toddlers do never stops being funny! I bet it felt good to get such good photos during their monthly shoot and after. My faves are Maggie peeking over the crib and Ben walking in the door with Andy.
oh the mischief they cause! :)
i love all the pictures. especially the one of maggie in the crib adn ben looking around the crib with andy.
Gianna would also know when she can play with her friends again :)
Post a Comment