Monday, October 4, 2010

ABCing It

First of all, I finally got into a pattern and yesterday blew it.  So, a day late I'll give you my weekly photos, and since I can't think of anything I really want to talk about today, I bring you this ABC style post I am copying from my friend Andrea, who copied it from someone else, who copied it from. . .you get the picture.  I figured it was a nice little way to tell you a little more about myself.  In case you think I don't share enough :-)

A – Age: 32

B – Bed size: King - we had to upgrade from our Double when we added two kids to the dog and two cats who were already sharing our bed. 
C – Chore you hate: Putting away laundry
D – Dog's name:  Lily, our 6 1/2 year old boxer/greyhoundish mix
E – Essential start to your day item: Coffee.  Then more coffee. 
F – Favorite color: I always say green, but I'm not sure if that's still true.  I don't know if I have one?
G – Gold or Silver: Silver or White Gold
H – Height: 5′3 1/2
I – Instruments you play: I played clarinet and saxaphone in the band. 
J – Job title: Mom.  Unemployed
K – Kid(s): Maggie and Ben, who will turn 18 months on Sunday.  Have I ever mentioned them here?
L – Living arrangements: Andy, Maggie, Ben, Lily (the dog), Murphy and Izzy the cats and I all live in a 3 bedroom condo that is for sale. 
M – Mom’s name: Judy
N – Nicknames: Well, Jen is a nickname for Jennifer, and my parents used to call me Potz.  I also go by Mommy :-)
O – Overnight hospital stay other than birth: I had reconstructive jaw surgery the summer before my senior year.  I had my mouth wired shut for 6 weeks.  Best diet I've ever been on! 
P – Pet Peeve: People who leave their socks in the living room.  And are over the age of 2. 
Q – Quote from a movie: You have a baby.  In a bar!  - From Sweet Home Alabama
R – Right or left handed: Right
S – Siblings: I’m an only child, but I have gained a brother, sister and their spouses from my husband
T – Time you wake up:  When the babies wake up usually.  Sometimes I set my alarm for 7:30, snooze for awhile and try to get up before them so I can shower and have a cup of coffee in peace.  The babies get up somewhere between 8 and 9 usually. 
U- Underwear: I am a fan. 
V – Vegetable you dislike: Broccoli
W – Ways you run late: My children, procrastination and getting distracted
X – X-rays: My mouth and teeth, also my stomach region from a hospital vision when I was in Spain. 
Y – Yummy food you make: Cake, pumpkin bread, strawberry pretzel jello, french toast
Z – Zoo animals: Lions and tigers and bears, oh my?

September 27 - I thought this was kind of cute.  I have always worn crazy socks.  It used to drive DH crazy, I think now he's used to it.  Anyway, Maggie liked my monkey socks.  She was also really excited about her purple (her first color word she can say and recognize) twinkle twinkle socks.  She has my feet.  And my fashion sense until she can tell me otherwise. 
September 28 - Reading in our matching jammies, of course, what else, The Terrible Plop.  They both can flip the pages of this book very carefully, where most of the books they read have to be of the board variety. 

 
 September 29 - I stayed up until 3 in the morning because I couldn't put this book down.  It's the Hunger Games, and I haven't been that into a book in a long time!  I had to finish it and put the next one in the series on reserve at the library before I could go to bed. 
September 30 - A family who lives across the street from my Grandma were chosen for Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  Gram has had a front row seat to all the action.  Here are a few photos from the day I was there with Ben and Maggie and my Mom.  Demolition day!  It was neat, we got to see all the volunteers, the designers, and the house going down!  We never got close enough to touch Ty or anything, but it was still pretty cool.  Tomorrow we are going for move that bus day!





October 1 - Crayons!  I remembered that we had big crayons in the basement, so we set the babies up to color.  They seem to like using the crayons and eating them when we go out to dinner, but we've never done it at home.  They enjoyed it, it kept them occupied and it will be a nice thing for them to do while I'm working in the kitchen.  Now we just need some coloring books! 


October 2 - Andy decided around 5:30 that we should go out to dinner.  Now, I had been thinking we were haivng a pajama day, so I didn't bother showering or getting out of my pajamas.  When he decided we should go to a restaurant, I was a little horrified.  I cleaned myself up the best I could though, and we went to one of our local favorites.  It had a 45 minute wait.  So we went to Chick-fil-A.  Yup, a nice classy Saturday night out.  I reminded Andy that we have kids, and this is kinda how it should go, and really, it was much better for the way we all looked that night.  Plus, our kids?  Love it there!


October 3 - My nephew Ryan got baptized on this day, and so we had quite a party.  Then we went for some photo ops.  Okay, from left to right, Ben and Maggie, 17 months, Ryan, 7 months, Elizabeth, 8 months.  Ben was the only one not cooperating for most of the shoot, but look at that smile! 
  


Well, I'm a day behind, but I will leave off here so I'm back to normal next week.  In the meantime, thanks for stopping by!  Don't be shy, say hi, I love comments!


3 comments:

Beth said...

First of all, I can't for the life of me remember you going to the hospital while we were in Spain...

Also, great pictures of the demolition! You photographed a celebrity and everything!

andrea said...

i love the twinkle twinkle socks!!

Heather & Chad said...

Love the socks!!!

I am thinking I will need to check out "The Terrible Plop"!!

I also recommend (notice I said 'I" because so far I love them but time will tell with the little guy!!)

"The HICCUPotamus"
"Farmer Joe and the Music Show"
"Silly Tilly"
"Dinosaurs Love Underpants"
"Zany Zoo"

Happy Reading....I LOVE books!! :)