The first picture I could find him in was in January, but we think he was her companion a few months before that. In the beginning, the monkey was supposed to be Ben's. Maggie and Ben had been given a monkey and a hippo, and I wish I could remember how long ago she claimed the monkey instead of the slightly girlier hippo. I want to say it was even P.C. (pre-crawling). As I went back through pictures, I realized how many he is in because Maggie is clutching him or on the fringes of because he is always near her. It was probably around her first birthday when she started taking care of him. I see familiar routines that I do with them. Kee frequently gets diaper changes, with a cloth wipe usually, or just on her lap. She lifts up his legs, wipes, says "diaper. Kee diaper" and "wipe". She also gives him kisses and hugs saying "Aww". I put together a bunch of pictures to show you the proper care and feeding of Kee (according to Maggie).
They will be in whatever order Blogger feels like, I have been trying to do this post for days. Hey, this is a good one to start with. I kinda feel like this about the new Blogger uploading system.
Otherwise known as, bring your best friend to your birthday party.
Here is the first picture I spotted where Kee was cuddled up with Miss Maggie. Who is double fisting binkies back in January. Notice how Kee has a clearly defined mouth and nose?
This is probably where the mouth and nose started to go. We would find her chewing on his face all the time. It is part of his look though, so she must have had a plan.
It is important to take your monkey to the zoo so he can see his friends. The first animal noise Maggie started making was her monkey noise. She uses it frequently when talking to him, or talking about him to us.
You should teach your monkey patriotism from a young age. He enjoys the parades and the flagwaving.
Make sure he gets a chance to ride the turtle statue too when you are on vacation.
Carefully set him down and pick him up when you are playing outside.
Always let your monkey ride on your toys. Forwards, backwards, sideways if they want.
Find your monkey cozy places to hide in. This box was a favorite for awhile, she also likes to pile him into their nightstand drawer with other lovies and books and things. I think it is like his crib.
It is never too early to start reading to your monkey.
Show him the yummy desserts when you are out to dinner.
Proudly wear your monkey pajamas to show him how much you love him. In fact, make the monkey noises a lot when you look down at your pajamas to help him.
Give him rides in the dump truck.
Snuggle him when he is feeling unsure.
This is Kee Junior. Sometimes he has to eat too.
Take him to church, even if it is just your cousin's baptism, and you are running around the pews eating pretzels.
Give him hugs, and make sure he knows you love him even if his nose and mouth hang off of him now.
Introduce him to new friends. And their humans.
This is the sequence I caught on Sunday. Gather the diapers and the wipes while Mommy is stuffing them.
Find him a diaper to wear.
Give him something to play with while you are changing his diaper so he will behave.
Of course, every proud Mama likes taking pictures of their monkey.
And when it all comes down to it, even if you are not hungry, make sure you properly feed your monkey.
Kee likes frech fries. And vegetables. And anything Maggie doesn't want to eat. She puts it up to his mouth, will tell him to eat, say "Yummy!" and make small piles of her food in front of him on the tray. This is why Kee gets frequent baths.
Take time out for the fun things too, the little things like swinging. Share your favorite activities wih your monkey, and he will show you all the joy in the world.
Maggie, my little monkey, this post is for you. I love watching you mother him, and I love watching you do the things to him thtat I do to you. You have a caring, loving soul, and I am proud to have you as my daughter, and Kee as my grandmonkey.
***On a blogger sidenote, if for some reason you are dying to follow my blog and you get some message that you have been blocked that is untrue! It is happening to one of my friends and I don't know what the problem is. If the same thing happens to you, please let me know! I want to get this fixed, but I don't know if it is an isolated problem, or if Blogger has turned away mobs of people who wanted to follow me. Cause, you know, in my head everyone loves me.
14 comments:
I just wanted to stop by and give you a warm hug to appreciate your comment on my blog and your news :D I love the qoute too! Your little girl is absolutely adorable (as is your boy, but I feel I got to know her through the little monkey). Best of luck to you!!
Hey, I'm officially a follower--thanks for the reminder. And what problems are you having with blogger uploading photos? I haven't noticed any difference except for the fact that it only likes me to do 2 at a time instead of 3 or 4 like I used to.
OK--you ave the makings of a children's book. Title--Taking care of your monkey. You have the pictures, the captions, and everything you need. And. of course, the cuteness of my granddaughter doesn't hurt.
Does this bring to mind a teddy named Benjamin????
Mom T
Well, I'm a new follower and it worked just fine for me! What a great post! Apparently being a mother to a monkey is a very serious job. Maggie does some nice work!
ICLW 128
That. Is. Adorable.
Very cute! My 22 m.o. has a giant blue dog. So unlike your monkey here, it's not the most practical thing to take around. Except for when I travel with it overseas. I couldn't risk the possible tears at bedtime without giant blue dog. Needless to say, I had to pack very little for myself as SOMEONE was taking up all the room in my suitcase.
Hi Jen, I'm dropping by for ICLW. The pictures of Maggie and Kee are so sweet. My daughter is 3 and has a hippo (well technically she has 3 to allow for regular hippo baths) who has been her constant companion since she was 3 months old. Don't except Maggie to stop loving Kee any time soon.
ICLW! You have a beautiful little girl and she's got a cute monkey. With my girl it's a small pink poodle she calls Spark-a-Lot. :-)
Oh my goodness - so adorable!
ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/
You're a braver woman than I! My little guy loves that very same monkey, and, for the most part, the monkey stays in bed. Of course, you have all those absolutely ADORABLE pics of all your monkey's adventures. Ours is pretty much a couch potato ;-)
Michelle
ICLW #15
those are some of the most adorable pictures!! i especially like the "double fisting binkies" one! too cute!!!
~Elaine, ICLW
Only a child so loved could know how to nurture her "friend" in the same way. It's a beautiful thing. Maggie is a lucky girl. Your pictures are great. I enjoyed every bit of this post.
Lisa (Your Great Life - ICLW #63)
LOVE!!
G does this with her lovie - but you know, it's just a blanket that needs to eat and drink and get kisses. it's freaking adorable. (she changes her baby's diaper all the time!)
Just dropping by from ICLW. Love your pictures.
Post a Comment