Sunday, October 17, 2010

This week in photos

This week was. . .well, interesting.  We'll leave it at that for now.  I worked for a whole 1/4 day last week, thus paying for. . . last month's overtexting.  Oye!  I felt like a teenager getting in trouble with my Dad when we cracked open last month's cell phone bill.  In my defense, I have been telling DH for months now that I need unlimited texting.  The only people who call me are him and my mother.  Everyone else texts.  When we need to ask his sister something (she lives next door) he has me send her a text.  When Maggie and I were on TV, he encouraged me to send out a text to everyone I know who could watch. . .you get the point.  Anyway, I've learned my lesson, and will be looking into the unlimited texting thing.  Or, I guess I could try to cut down on the texting.  If you are a person who reads this who likes to text me - call next time :-)  

October 11 - This is Caitlyn.  She is the daughter of a friend of mine, and on Monday, we babysat for her and her sister since their babysitter wasn't available.  It was fun, not nearly so rough as I thought considering my 4 kids under 2 were on opposite nap schedules.  The only time all 4 of them were awake was breakfast and lunch.  The funny part was during Maggie and Ben's naptime, I just had one kid awake.  It was strange watching one baby entertain themselves.  She liked the ball popper, went down the slide, we read some books, she colored quietly while I emptied the dishwasher. . .In a different life, I might have experienced that too.  It was almost peaceful.   
October 12 - This is one of those "Uh-oh we don't have a picture and it's late" photos.  We happened to be eating cookies.  The fun thing about these is the price.  Have I mentioned how my super hot hubby is also a super hot bargain hunter?  He is our coupon clipper, sale finder, and he has been rocking our grocery bills.  Last week he saved over half of his total bill.  That's my man.  Anyway, these cookies are clearly marked $3.38.  When DH came home with like 8 packages of them, I thought he was a little crazy. . .until we found out that he only paid 88 cents for each bag.  It's a good thing we like cookies.  Cookie is also another word that both of my little ones know now.  And boy, do they love cookies. 
 

October 13 - In preparation for Boo at the Zoo, I had washed the babies' costumes.  Maggie spotted hers in the basket on the couch and insisted on wearing it.  She wore it for about half an episode of Sesame Street, and then Ben wore it too.  This seemed like a good omen for the Halloween festivities to come!

October 14 - We posed them like this, but yes, Sesame Street is like crack for toddlers.  They were starting to not feel well so I let them get away with a day of comfy lounging clothes and TV.  
 

October 15 - One of Ben's jokes is to put something on his head and say "hat".  Bowls are a favorite . This bowl had spaghetti noodles in it.  Of course, he had emptied the bowl before he stuck it on his head.  I had grabbed the camera because it was a funny shot, but the funnier shot was next to him. 

This is the face Maggie was making when I looked at her because while I was taking a picture of Ben?  She starting saying "Cheese!" and making this face.  Oh baby girl, I don't think this is going to cut it for your future modeling career. 


October 16 - Boo at the Zoo day!  We finally got to show off little ones dressed in their Halloween costumes.  They were so good all day.  I was sure we were going to have protests before the end of the day, but they left their costumes on the whole time.  The only thing they didn't do was ride in the wagon we brought.  They walked or were carried while the wagon pulled around the diaper bag, snacks and the stuffed versions of Ba and Kee.  Thank goodness for grandparents. 





October 17 - Ben is all boy.  There have always been differences between Ben and Maggie, but I really didn't realize how different these two little people were going to be until recently.  I have a whole post that will have some pictures of what Maggies was doing this morning, but let's just say it was a very quiet activity.  Ben went up and down the slide, forwards, backwards, smiling.  He would stop at the bottom, get up and look at me, smile, wait for me to say "Go do it again!" and then run over to get back on the slide.  He crashed on his face, he looked like he was ready to go tailgating today, and I thought, yup.  Boys are different from girls. 


Have a great week!

5 comments:

Paula Keller said...

They are oh so cute! LOVE the animal costumes!!!

andrea said...

they look so cute in their costumes!!
G thinks everything is a hat too - but she hasn't put her food on her head... yet....

Beth said...

Thank goodness we've got our blogs, otherwise we might not stay caught up on each other's little stories :) On a related note, Frank and I were just saying the other day that we aren't good at texting because we never do it. I barely even use my cell phone. I'm sure that will all change once we get back to the States...

Mom T said...

They do put on a show for us. It is so interesting seeing the difference between boys and girls. We get to see it first hand.
Cute pics!!!! But, they always are. Such hams.
Mom

Cece said...

Those costumes! Love it. I have a boy and a girl too - and I swore before I had children that they are the same - and that is a big NO! Cam is such a boy, and Maggie (love your name choice, btw) is a very delicate little girl).

ICLW http://child-bearing-hips.blogspot.com