Thursday, June 26, 2008

Good and Bad News

Well, I've had multiple phone calls that fall into good news/bad news. Let's go ahead and start with the bad and get it over with. My principal finally called and they decided someone else gets to go full time this year. I still have a job, they see me there full time eventually, blah blah blah, but I don't get the contract. About two minutes after I hung up with her. . .

The IVF nurse called. We're doing IVF!!! I hadn't really announced it to anyone officially since I didn't know when we could start, but it looks like we are going to be able to get the cycle in before school starts in August. Like just barely squeezing it in. I will probably not be able to take part in the commencement for my Masters, but I'll get over it. We just need to hope that my dysfunctional body does its thing without the hormones this month and gives me a nice short cycle. Think low progesterone thoughts! I should start my two weeks on the pill in about two weeks with ER and ET taking place the week of August 10th.

More good news. . .according to DH's pal Veejay (or something else that sounds like a dirty kind of word) at Dell, my laptop has been shipped and should be arriving tomorrow. With any luck at all (and really, I think I'm due a little bit of luck here) it should be here first thing in the morning. Which means I will be hanging out in my living room ready to jump the DHL guy. Or girl. How freaked out would they be if I kissed them?

Oh, and please, how impressive, two posts in less than 24 hours. Maybe this blogging thing will work out after all.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Sorry about the contract. But, Woohoooo for IVF and your new computer finally arriving. That's awesome! =)

Fifty K said...

That's great news about IVF and computer. You will be blogging like crazy with new computer instead of dinosaur.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you have time to get a cycle in. I would totally kis the delivery guy/girl too! LOL It might make their day!