You want to be a person who is above the influence of their friends. You want to be a unique individual who knows thyself, knows their own wants, needs and opinions. Come on, you know you want to. . . .
Or at least you do if you're ME, but it doesn't always work out. I feel like I've lived half my life because of other people's expectations. Have big bangs (peer pressure). Get good grades (mom pressure). Like NKOTB (peer pressure - and by the time I bought in, they were on their way out). Have a drink (peer pressure). Enjoy watching sports (boy pressure).
So here I am starting a blog (peer pressure). It was the same with starting a MySpace profile, to be honest. If everyone else is doing it. . . well, why not. It's okay. I know myself well enough to not mind. And the real nagging thing that made me start a blog (besides the classic "all the cool kids are doing it") is that if I read a friend's blog and want to post a comment, my name comes out black instead of blue, and it makes me look like the sad pathetic girl without her own blog.
This is my first post ever. I don't know what I'll want to post, or who is going to want to read it. We'll see how it goes. Currently, my life revolves around the science of making babies, grad school, technological woes, waiting to hear about a job offer, and my family. I may get off topic, but those are my current issues. Not that all those things are an issue. You know what I mean, right?
As soon as I can, I'll post some pictures. And by can I mean as soon as someone at Dell gets off their ass and sends me the laptop I ordered a month ago. Let's go over my technology woes for a second. Because God decided I was spending too much time on the Internet he smote my old laptop, aliens took over the body of the evil Geek Squad technician who decided I had liquid damage on it, and big hairy monsters decided it would be funny to have Dell lose my order. Yup, that's the only reasonable explanation.
2 comments:
Welcome to the "cool" kids club!
Welcome to blogging!!!!!!
Post a Comment