So I'm a bad blogger right now. I don't know why this would surprise me at all considering that I have no less that 5 diaries around my house and my parents that would frequently have large jumps in them. Like months. Or years. I just have a hard time committing or something.
But right now, I completely blame my lack of internet access on my non-blogging. I miss my laptop. All the time. It is sad how reliant on technology I am. I should be more Zen. I should take more walks. I should not feel like I am laying in wait for my husband to come home with his work laptop and pounce on it. But come on. Here was my morning a few days ago dealing with the Dinosaur Dell that lives in our office.
Wake up. Good morning Lily (she's the dog. I would show you a picture if I could.) Walk into office. Bump the mouse in hopes of waking up the dinosaur. Go downstairs. Make coffee. Come back upstairs. No response. Reboot the dinosaur. Go take a shower. Notice after the shower that the computer is still loading. Wait for it to get to the welcome screen. Click on Jen. Go finish getting ready. Come back. Open Internet Explorer. Read three chapters of a book while waiting for it to open the home page. Bang head on desk and cry.
And you get the picture. I'm an addict, I get it, but I have a happy little life on this computer. I have friends (Hi Nesties and NEO girls!), I have email, I have photos to access and Google is one of my favorite things. I won't even talk about my Sims that are refugees on our external hard drive right now, but let's just say that if my new computer doesn't get here soon, I'm going to go crazy. Apparently there was a fire at the battery company. That is what is now causing the delay. I'm not joking, we've seen the photos on the internet. It's not pretty.
But really, you don't want to hear my sad story about the computer. I would love to tell you that I have exciting IVF news from my appointment this morning, but we're still waiting. I don't think we're going to get this in before school starts. I am waiting to hear back from the IVF nurse at Dr. Nash's to get started on a timetable. In the meantime, I told DH we are going to go ahead and throw a Hail Mary and try to get knocked up the old fashioned way this month. I have absolutely no hopes of success, but we'll give it a try. I even considered buying OPK's, to take us back to the early days of naive hopefulness. I'm pretty sure I know my body by now though, and we'll see what happens.
If I can figure out pictures this weekend, I will post some. We went to St. Louis this past weekend to see my best friend and her family before they move to Belgium. I have approximately 700 pictures between our two cameras, most of them of an adorable little pudge of a 7 month old named Zachary who is my favorite nephew. No miracles promised, but we'll see.
3 comments:
::raises hand slowly::
I too am guilty of being a computer/internet junkie.
I am also a bad blogger/diary keeper.
I have a journal I started in 1999 when Jared and I started dating. It's less then half full and hasn't been touched in at least a year. I too have commitment issues...and I am also a computer/internet junkie.
glad you got to see your BFF and nephew... can't wait til the DHL man arrives so i can see too :)
Post a Comment