Let's go back. The last post I had was of our ultrasound, and I posted it Tuesday night but scheduled it for Wordless Wednesday. Let me first put minds at ease, nothing in my bad update is about the little bean, we had an appointment yesterday and everything is still fine! The week of November 1 was supposed to be us getting ready to leave for my cousin's wedding out of state. It was going to be our first plane trip as a family, the four of us and my 90 year old Grandma. It was going to be crazy. Monday we started packing, trying to get things together. And then all Hell broke loose.
I started typing this all out, and realized it's way too many pukey details, so let's just go with a nice bullet point summary.
- A wicked GI bug went through the whole family (except for me and my FIL) where each victim spent about 10-12 hours with non-stop vomiting and diarrhea. I spent about 14 hours between Tuesday and Wednesday catching toddler puke. Because, you know, they don't get the hang your head over the toilet thing.
- I think Maggie went through 4 pairs of pajamas and three changes of the sheets in our bed before I got the hang of it. We had laundry piled up all over the house.
- When Andy got it, he was sicker than I've ever seen him. Unfortunately for him, I was not able to be a very good nurse to him since I had two sick kids, and I'm in my first trimester. It was bad timing for lots of reasons, to lose a member of the parenting team.
- Maggie ended up in the hospital for dehydration for 2 days because she had not been drinking. I stayed with her, and honestly, her being hospitalized was probably the best part of the deal. She was somewhere where someone else could take care of her and fix her. I was exhausted by then and feeling like a failure because I couldn't get her to drink anything. It also got me out of the germ ridden house. The hospital staff and volunteers were wonderful, and I think she charmed just about everyone she met.
- Andy's uncle suddenly and unexpectedly passed away from a massive heart attack. Family came in from all over the country and started gathering every night.
- We had to cancel our trip for my cousin's wedding. The only person who ended up going was my Grandma because we stuck her on a plane Thursday sure that we would all follow on Friday. With Maggie in the hospital, it didn't happen. I was really sorry that we couldn't make it, it was the only thing we had planned all year in the form of a trip, and it sounds like it was so much fun.
- We went to the funeral on Monday, and then I subbed the rest of the week. It was exhausting.
- My computer is infected by a virus (we think) and slowly it took down Google, then Internet Explorer, then all of the network. I'm on a borrowed computer which is why I can't do pictures yet.
3 comments:
Wow! Talk about crazy week!
So glad about the little bean though! Have to admit, I was getting worried!
Wow that is one crazy week. I have had a crazy awful year but that is a crazy awful week. Hope things are looking up now :) Glad none of the badness was to do with your bean!
*Happy ICLW*
I found you via ICLW November week. What a great story and true blessing Twins & now another!
Congrats!
The C's
Post a Comment