Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Since blogger hates me today, I guess I will start my post with the picture summary I planned on putting at the end!

Our pumpkins. As always, Andy's rocks, mine looks. . .well lets just say I have a great bunny, but it's supposed to be a cat.


We had way too much fun with this, making the pumpkins for the babies.













Our dog really does like dressing up, I swear! Lily as Yoda.


Izzy practicing to be a Ninja next year.


It's fall! Thought we should do a belly pic outside this time.

I'm not even going to apologize. My blogging habits, are just changed now, okay?

My husband still rocks. I'm too wiped out by the time I get home on Fridays to post it, but he continues to rock every week. I love that he can't keep his hands off my belly. He is always talking to the Nuggets, asking how they are and rubbing my belly. I can only imagine what will happen when he can feel them actually kicking in there! In addition to that, he continues to pick up the slack around here, shopping, cleaning, and taking care of things. With minimal complaining.

The belly is getting bigger, the scale is staying the same. I know that I should be grateful that they are living off the fat in other parts of my body that is disappearing just a little, but I worry that I'm a bad twin mama who should be eating more to make up that weight I should have put on by now.
I'm 14 weeks now. 14 weeks!!! I have now switched from worry about miscarriage to worry about delivering too early and losing them then, but I think that is normal post IF. I am feeling a little more relaxed, and not freaked everytime I go to the bathroom because something felt like it was leaking (damn progesterone supplements).
We have our cribs picked out. They are by Stanley in the Young America collection. We are waiting for a good furniture sale (they are at one of those big furniture stores) to order them, and we have two options depending on what we have cooking in there. Hopefully we will find out at our 16 week ultrasound. Fingers are crossed! I honestly think I'll be okay with anything we have in there, but I know that DH is hoping for at least one boy. If it's two, I think he already has the blue paint picked out for the nursery, lol. We also started a registry. . . hey, don't judge. We mainly wanted to test my theory that once you're on the radar you start getting coupons. We've already started buying diapers when we have coupons, and it seems like a good idea to have a few things around here once we start getting coupons.
The past few months have gone by in a blur. I can't believe it's November! Starting to feel better means starting to realize just how crappy I had been feeling. Food is actually starting to sound good again. Well, except for chicken. The babies are pretty against anything chicken. Red meat is fine. I think it's probably a way of asking for more iron. I am going back and forth between the regular pre-natals and Flintstones. When I feel like puking at pill taking time, I skip the pre-natals. I thought I was done with the puking. Not quite, I found out this weekend.

We had a boring Halloween. I was asleep on the couch by about 9:45 after falling asleep in the bathtub. We didn't have any parties this year, and we missed trick or treat night (it was on Monday last week - why?). We did however carve pumpkins, take silly pictures of "the babies" with their pumpkins and dress up the dog. We are cool like that.

8 comments:

Echloe said...

I love those little A and B baby pumpkins.

Chelle said...

Love all the pics!!

Amy said...

You are looking great Jen!!

Brooke said...

I love your pumpkins for the babies. That picture of Izzy cracked me up too. You are looking wonderful!

Annegirrl said...

Looking great!

That worry you have is actually a normal part of being pregnant. When you start to really feel the kicking action you'll be constantly wondering if something is wrong when you don't feel the kicks for an hour. The worrying never stops after that.

andrea said...

those are the cutest little pumpkins!!

we started our registry like 2wks ago for pretty much the same reason. and we have diapers.wipes.bottles and some clothes just b/c we can't resist such things!! oh and books...

i like the young america collection - that is what we were going with before we found babytyme and the metro collection we are getting.

Stephanie said...

So glad you are doing well!!! We are hoping to find out at our 16 week u/s too what we are having.

Tiffanie said...

cute pics! now update please:)