Friday, November 14, 2008

Updates, schmupdates and some pretty big news

There really is no excuse for not updating your blog in this long. I know that. For anyone still reading, I humbly apologize. What have I been up to you might be wondering???

First of all, it is November 26th. I did start this post on the 14th, and then. . .well. . .

In no particular order. . .Izzy lost her claws and her womanhood and has been recovering. Lily is busy taking care of her. She came back from the vet much cuddlier and sweeter. Go figure.


I took a two week cake decorating class. It was fun, but exhausting. There is a lot of prep work I wasn't thinking about when I signed up. I came to one conclusion after the class. I found one more thing that I am not good at. I really want to be a crafty person. I do. But one craft at a time I'm starting to realize that I am not cut out to craft. Martha Stewart has nothing to worry about. I can't sew. I can't crochet. I can't knit. I am not a great scrabooker without a lot of help. I can't paint (other than walls) and I'm never going to make my own holiday decorations. Here are my attempts at cake decorating. . .

I spend a lot of time on the couch. Specifically in this corner of the couch with my trusty heating pad. My chiropractor has figured out that I have a rib that is popping in and out of alignment. I wake up feeling fine each morning, but by the time I get home from school, I am in pain and mainly hang out on the couch. Which sometimes leads to napping. I feel lazy, but it's all that I can do. I'm really hoping that this starts to get better, and isn't something that will only get better when the babies get here!



I found this adorable steal at a consignment shop. It's hard to find places to wear it around here in winter, but I couldn't turn it down.

And speaking of the belly, I keep getting bigger (14 weeks)
And bigger (15 weeks)


And bigger (16 weeks - please don't mind the underwear. I woke up this morning and said to Andy, Holy Crap, I look pregnant when I'm naked now! I didn't realize until this week that I didn't take another picture during week 16. Oops!)

And bigger (17 weeks)
At our 16 week ultrasound we had some big news. They are pretty sure that we have a boy and a girl in here! I was getting pretty sure it was going to be two boys, so the idea of a little girl is really fun. I'm not a very girly person, but I am so excited about pink these days!
I'll try to keep the updates coming in a more timely fashion. If nothing else, I want this record of this time!
We have our cribs picked out, we are registered, we have decided to give cloth diapering a go, and I'm officially feeling like I'm out of the puking zone. It has been a couple of weeks, and I think I'm safe. Saying that out loud (well, to cyberspace) seems like a really bad idea, but we'll see.
How are all of you?

10 comments:

kimber926 said...

Love the pictures!

Tiffanie said...

AHHHHHHH! a boy and a girl! awesome! and, i love your twins shirt. too funny about the underwear pic! thanks for FINALLY updating:)

andrea said...

you look so good jen! and that shirt is adorable :)

you are a braver women than I to attempt the cloth diapering - i have a friend who started doing it with her most recent addition and she really likes it - and the diapers are cute!

hope you guys have a great holiday and that your rib problem goes away.

Stephanie said...

You look so great!! I am jealous of your perfectly round belly. Mine is still a double belly, with an indentation around my waistline. I wish they would merge into one! LOL. I thought I was out of the puking zone too till yesterday. So enjoy the puke free days! Hopefully you are done with them!

Beth said...

Can't wait to see you, the belly, and Andy!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and the shirt!

Glad you are over the sickness. I still get sick! The last 3 days have been really bad. I can't eat without throwing up, which really sucked because it turned Thanksgiving into a total let down!

Hope your babies behave and keep your ribs in place!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't leave us hanging like that for so long! Thanks for the update. I'm almost as excited about your babies as I was about Frank and Beth's!
Barb Paulick (Frank's Mom)

Brooke said...

Yay belly! You look great Jen. I love your twins shirt. Your cakes came out good too.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are out of the puking zone!

Fab news on a boy and a girl, that is perfect. I too love the shirt.

Take care and I will be checking in on you.

Paula Keller said...

Your belly is ADORABLE! Ohmygosh!!! And I love the T-shirt!

Congrats on the b/g twins!


I would LOVE to have a boy/girl twins! That's the best of both worlds!