Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Days

Before you ask (because I know you were wondering), yes there is a Part II coming to my last post.  I just didn't want to include it with my weekly photos, and I'm not quite done figuring out how I want to post it.  Intrigued yet? 

I'm not feeling particularly witty tonight, it has been an exhausting weekend, so I'm just going to go ahead and sum up the pictures.  As you know, there's always a story to them anyways.  

September 20 - Happy Day Ba-Ba!  I know I mentioned before when we celebrated Andy's birthday, but the babies love the happy birthday song.  A long time ago we had read a Happy Birthday book by Sandra Boynton, and Maggie started saying Happy Day randomly.  We always thought it was nice to hear, that sweet little voice from the backseat of the car telling us she had a happy day.  Then she started connecting it with the word birthday.  It's cute.  

Anyway, I liked this picture because of the looks on their faces.  "Look!  Everyone is singing!  And there will be cake!  Happy Day!" 

September 21 - Every night before bed, we read books.  Usually, I read the books, Andy is more of a listener than a reader.  Now, I am a teacher at heart, and one of my favorite classes in college was Children's Literature.  I love books.  Love them.  I love reading them books that I remember talking about in class, picture books that have won awards, books like The Big Red Barn for it's simple beautiful story, Moo, Baa, Fa La La! for it's silly story that makes Ben laugh every time.  We go to the library, and I pick out books I think they will like, picture books and board books they can "read" on their own.  Every once in a while, they pick out books themselves (aka throwing books off the shelves onto the floor) and sometime back in I think July, we found the book I am reading in this picture.  It is called The Terrible Plop, by Ursula Dubosarsky.  It is their favorite book.  They request it by name at night "Plop, Mommy, Plop" and they can chime in with the Plop sounds in the book.  They sit nicely and or dance around wildly while I read it.  You should read it too.  But only if you can do a good Big Brown Bear voice and a littlest rabbit voice.  That's the best part.  I am just about out of renewals on this book, I think we better buy our own copy of it soon!   

 

September 22 - In yet another example of how having children has turned me into more of a hippie, I'd like to proudly show off my Mama Cloth.  Andy, by the way, couldn't believe I was photographing this, let alone planning to put it in the blog. 

I had never heard of the Mama Cloth trend until I started researching cloth diapers, and to be honest, the idea of it totally grossed me out until recently.  I decided when I got my first postpartum period that I wanted to try it.  As it turned out, before I got my first order, I got pregnant and only used some of the pantiliners.  When I had my miscarriage, I honestly felt so much better as soon as I remembered I could use these instead of the scratchy, plasticy pads I had in the cupboard.  I don't know why, but it made the whole miscarriage experience seem more natural.  I doubled my stash after the first day.  They are comfortable, they are easy to use, and while I don't know if my periods will be shorter or my cramps less like I've seen reported, I will say that I am a convert.  Besides, look at how pretty they are!  Everything you see here was made by the company Gem Cloth, and I would highly recommend her if you are interested in trying it out. 

September 23 - This was a very busy week for the three of us.  We had library story time, Kindermusik, a date with other MoMs, a chiropractor appointment and my friend Dawn's wedding and rehearsal dinner.  This was the morning of the rehearsal dinner, Mommy was insanely busy, and the TV basically babysat for me while I ran around (did I mention we had an open house the weekend of the wedding I was in?).  The funny things to point out in this picture.  Hanging out like a big girl, just sitting there watching TV (with Key, Puppy, Key Junior and some of the foam letters they love.  Wearing an orange "pretty" on her wrist.  And wearing some very cute little footie pajamas. 

Sesame Street is slowly becoming their favorite show (sorry Jack and your endless reruns of the same 5 episodes) and they really seem to watch it.  Some days they get into it more than others.  I figure they are kinda learning.  And Maggie really likes the goldfish.  And it's a full hour which sometimes, to be honest, is kind of nice for Mommy. 

September 24 - Happy Wedding Day Dawn and Lou!  I wanted to share a few pictures here that Andy and I took, and I apologize ahead of time for the quality.  I am no good in low light.  I know this means that I need to get a new flash, but frankly right now it is not in the budget.  If anyone has a spare Speedlight they are looking to get rid of, let me know! 

This is Dawn waiting to see Lou before the ceremony since we did pictures ahead of time.  I thought it was so adorable and she looked so classically beautful standing there waiting for her groom. 

We managed to dodge the rain, but do you see the extreme swooshiness of my skirt?  Gale force winds.  There were actual wind warnings, and the ceremony took place on a ridge over looking apple orchards.  It was a beaufiul spot, but it was crazy windy.  The best part though?  The sun came out right when they said their vows.  It was perfect. 




September 25 - This is actually a picture from a fundraiser we went to for our friends Chad and Heather who are adopting from Russia.  We are so excited for them, they have gone through too many years of infertility, and we are so glad that they have found the way they were meant to bring a child into their life.  This picture really has nothing to do with the dinner except we played on the playground behind the church afterward.  This picture just turned out so "Twin Powers unite" or something with the way they are both holding onto that step.  Look how big they are getting!  Recognize that orange vest?  It fit him last year for pumpkin season, and I was so happy to be able to pull it out again this year!  
  

September 26 - Photo courtesy of Daddy.  These pajamas crack me up.  They are so excited to wear them, Maggie has been known to make her monkey noises when she sees them.  Ben looks cute, chewing on a finger, holding onto Ba.  Maggie looks. . .irritated?  Exhasperated?  Stoned?  Eh, she was sick, and it's only fair that sometimes she's the weirdo in the picture :-)


And on that note we end this post.  Look at me update!  I am settling into a bit of a blogging pattern, and I hope to be able to keep it up.  I guess there are perks to this unemployed thing.  Have a good week!

3 comments:

Mom T said...

Even though I talk to you many times a day and Ben and Maggie often I love reading your blog and seeing the pictures. Boy, that really was windy.
Love ya, Mom

Beth said...

Hi! Wow, how did I miss three posts? Lots to catch up on, and I AM intrigued by a Part II. Hopefully we'll talk soon :)

andrea said...

remind me to ask you about the mom cloth...!

the pictures from the wedding are beautiful - and of course, so are the kids!