Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Break, whoo hoo!

It's the second day of April, and the weather today was beautiful. It was an odd day really. It was a Friday, I was home, Andy was home in the morning, I woke up to my first postpartum AF, and realized that one Biblical year ago today, on Good Friday, my babies were born.

Their birthday party is next weekend, and today is the first day I kind of feel more organized about the party. I went out and bought a ton of party supplies, feel like I narrowed down a "theme" and official colors, and talked to my Aunt about the cake she will be making. I can't believe they are almost one! They are getting so big, and cuter and more challenging every day.

Where I last left off. . .

March 23 - My most recent Shutterfly order arrived! I have the pictures organized, in albums, and put into cubes for a project for the party. I love Shutterfly!
March 24 - A new favorite activity - standing at the front door, pounding on it and saying "Aaah, or Baaaa". Ben is so close to walking, we're expecting it any day now.
March 25 - Nothing too excited except when I turned around after putting something in the dishwasher, Peanut had managed to snag both sippy cups AND both graham crackers. Sneaky little girl.
March 26 - The first day I forgot to take a photo! I actually took this photo on the 27th, but this is the reason I was up late the 26th and forgot to take one!
March 27 - I cleaned both upstairs bathrooms and took photos for our real estate collection. Does this look like a good picture of our guest bathroom? Does it make you want to buy my condo?
March 28 - We spent the evening at my in laws because Andy's Aunt was in town. We wanted a picture of them with all three grandchildren, but people weren't cooperating. Oh well. We go back to Portrait Innovations in a couple of weeks, they can do better I'm sure.
March 29 - Ben has discovered the kitchen. It is a magical room of doors. He loves getting into the cupboards and seeing what he can make noise with. Fun times.
March 30 - Andy's cousin came over to watch them because Ben has been sick and we wanted to keep him away from the babysitter's son. They have so much fun with her, and she has been a great help. When she left they crawled over to the door to peer out the window. Too cute!
March 31 - New carseats arrived! Britax Roundabout 50
April 1 - I'll end with this, a few pictures of the author herself. I got a new haircut yesterday and I was trying to do self portraits before it hit midnight. This is what happens when you try to use the Portrait Lens for a self portrait. You get the idea anyway, and I thought these were nice pictures of me, looking a little more me.


Goodnight!

2 comments:

Paula Keller said...

Yay for spring break! Ours got cut to two days this year, but I'm still happy to have a little time off.

Ben's almost walking! Unreal how fast they have grown!

andrea said...

jen, that last picture of you is beautiful!! i love the hair :)