Friday, April 23, 2010

A Plethora of Photos

This post is total picture overload. Our one year photos from Portrait Innovations, the big birthday bash, adorable photos we took for their birthday, and of course the two week's worth of Project 365 I needed to post!

Life is just moving along here. Ben is taking real steps now, walking for longer distances and more steady. It is so sweet though, he is so cautious, and side steps half of the time. Maggie I think is getting really close to taking her first steps too, I can't believe they are that big. We made the switch to whole milk right after their first birthday. They love it, and we are so glad to not be paying for formula anymore! Earlier this week, Ben stopped nursing. We had weaned so slowly that I haven't had any discomfort. I'm sad, but I'm so proud of us for making it a year. I miss that time, but he is still my snuggly little boy, and I can spend more time with Maggie at bedtime now.

Andy is finishing our new dining room floor tonight, and then tomorrow he moves on to replacing the kitchen faucet because it sprung a leak last week. I swear, we are never going to be ready to list this place! I want to move. I want a permanent position at my building where I have taught for 5 years. I want to have my husband home for dinner and bedtime every night. I want summer to be here already so I can stay home with my babies. Doesn't seem like too much to ask, does it?

For Ben and Maggie's first birthday, we wanted to get family photos done. We went to Portrait Innovations and they did an awesome job. These are the uncut photos, I didn't have time to crop them before I posted, but you get the general idea. I forgot when I started uploading pictures that these would be first, so they are out of order, but oh well.

The group photo. This is my parents and grandma, Andy's parents, his sister and her husband, and brother, his wife and baby Ryan. We had matched everyone's outfits to Ben and Maggie's Easter outfits, and I'm so happy with how it all came together!One of my favorite pictures of Ben ever. Doesn't she look like a stinker?April 10 - Happy Birthday Maggie and Ben! We were so lucky to have beautiful weather for their party. The party went so well, the location was perfect, friends and family came, babies behaved, and it was great. I went a little crazy with party photos, enjoy!

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to. . .



We arrived at our party in style. My aunt made their birthday cake, and she did an AWESOME job! It was even better than I had pictured in my head. We went with a circles theme for the whole party. Simple, easy, colorful, and no silly character themes. Mommy forgot our party hats, birthday ribbons AND the fancy mylar balloons we had put in the back until the high chairs got there. About halfway through cake I remembered the hats, the rest of it, not until the end of the party. Sigh. Them sitting on our laps for present opening lasted through about 3 gifts, then Andy and I just opened everything without them. Maggie loves balloons!April 11 - We cheated again and did 12 month photos the next day since we didn't have time after the party. I can't believe we used our last stickers. What cuties. It is so hard now to get them to sit still and stay on the chair, thank goodness we were both home to do this. Now I'm trying to figure out if I still want to do monthly photos, or just every 6 months like this? I mean, it's not like I don't take photos every day, lol.
We also did some pictures out in the yard that I adore. April 12 - First night of whole milk and they chugged it. This made me so happy! We had our doctor appointment this day. Ben weighed in at 19 lbs, 13 oz, Maggie an even 16. Peanut still isn't on the charts, Bug's head has jumped up to 90th percentile. Go babies! April 13 - Ben has been getting up at night again, staying up with Andy for about an hour, then going back to sleep. Andy thought it was hysterical that he fell asleep in the highchair. April 14 - I had this bright idea to take them to the park, and they loved it! Swings are our new favorite things. April 15 - This was technically like 12:08, I was tired, not in the mood to come up with something, so I snapped a picture of Andy in bed with the laptop. I realize this isn't high quality or creative, but it's a picture and that's all I promised. April 16 - Ben is keeping Maggie up at night too. This morning, they both got up before I left for school, wouldn't go back to sleep, and both fell asleep in their highchairs. Poor Daddy was having a tough week. April 17 - All the Portrait Innovation Photos are from this day

April 18 - Missing somehow? I'll try to add it next time, or something!

April 19 - Having bottles of milk at bedtime and no nursing tonight. Such big babies. Ben nursed the next night, but then quit on me for good. 1 year, 10 days, not bad at all. April 20 - It's been awhile since we had nudey bathtub shots, and I even got them both smiling! Baths are interesting now, both of them standing, trying to climb out, and last week, crying every bath night. Good times. April 21 - Ben got these pajamas for his birthday and he looks so stinking cute in them. Such a mini-us in his pajama pants and t-shirt. April 22 - Maggie and the new slide! Please forgive that she looks like a street urchin, we had choo choo wheels for dinner and they were a mess. I hate photos of them in disposible diapers, but it happens sometimes! This is the climber that Andy's parents gave them for their birthday that now takes up a corner of our living room. Again, can I say, we need to move! This post took a couple days, AND had a ton of photos, so thanks as always for reading and looking! I need to get back to blogging more often, it is so hard to keep up with the photos! I am also going back and forth about making this blog private. If I decide to do that, I will announce it to make sure all my readers are on the list.

1 comment:

andrea said...

how freaking cute are they? your family pictures came out great! and their party looked so fun.

I jsut have to say - being able to put G's hair in pigtails makes me so excited and Maggie looks so so cute in hers!!

Also - what a fun birthday present?