Saturday, February 28, 2009

Did someone ask for photos?

Since I've been gone. . .

  • Two trips into Labor and Delivery - once for annoying BH contractions that wouldn't go away (and another shot of terbutaline) and once for what seems to be me developing hypoglycemia - low blood sugar. My MFM said that most of the time he's telling his patients they need to cut down on carbs, I need to bulk up on them.

  • I haven't put on weight in three weeks, and it makes me worry that I'm the one failing my babies.


  • We have started doing baby laundry, and the nursery is almost organized, we're just waiting on our dresser to come in (should be in next week) so we can finally get it all together.


  • Our little Maggie isn't growing well. Ben has put on a whole extra pound over her, and at our last appointment, she was only weighing 2 lb 12 oz, and he was weighing 3 lb 13 oz. We're hoping our little peanut girl starts to bulk up, she still looks good, her placenta is fine, and fluid is good, otherwise we would have been talking about delivery at our last appointment. Any growing vibes anyone could send our way would be appreciated.


  • Since Ben is the big guy and he is on top, we're likely looking at a c-section. I'm okay with it. I can schedule it at 37 weeks if we medically make it that far without further complications.


  • I think I've come down with PUPPS. The very itchy, bumpy belly is a giveaway. It's horrible, and it makes me so sad that Andy can't really even rub my belly anymore without it being uncomfortable. I'm trying a couple of homeopathic things I read about online, and hoping that they help clear it up soon.



Onto the pictures! I realized I never posted pictures of our first shower thrown as a surprise by my SIL Sarah when my best friend was in town visiting from Belgium. It was such a fun night, and I can't believe they pulled off the surprise!




Here I am with Beth


The adorable diaper cake
Close up of the cute little booties
A small preview of the wardrobe my little fashion bugs are aquiring due to some doting aunties.
One of the cute pink/blue combos we got as a gift. I think everyone enjoyed shopping for two!
We finally put up our wall letters! I'm a little bummed about the pink letters not showing up so well on the pink, but it will have to do!

Holy crap - baby laundry! We couldn't stand how cute the little socks were in the washing machine. Our big shower was thrown by my fabulous SIL Patti who went all out with the Two Peas in a Pod theme. This shower was for both of our families, we had a wonderful time, and got a lot of fabulous gifts for our little ones. We were overwhelmed!
Belly shot at the shower - 27 weeks!Another adoring auntie collection of adorable clothes. . .
Opening gifts - I was so glad Andy was there to help, I could barely bend to pick up gifts!
The cake table - my Aunt Joannie made our cake, and it was gorgeous and delicious

The prizes and the cute Peas theme tagsThe centerpieces were two peas in a pod (there were diapers in there) and at our place, she had filled the basket with Peas onesies, bibs, toys and other goodies.
And the closet - After.
And since I'm behind on belly photos - watch me grow!
28 weeks:

29 weeks
30 weeks!

14 comments:

The Red Headed Mama said...

OMG, I love the nursery. LOVE!!!

You look awesome! Those are going to be 2 very well dressed babies!!!

Jill said...

is it bad that I REALLY wanna touch your belly?

Kelly said...

You look fabulous Jen. Thanks for giving me something to read.

Anonymous said...

You and your belly look so cute!! I love the closet!

Shereen said...

Holy Moly! Look at that closet!!

andrea said...

look at all of those clothes!! how wonderful!!

you look great jen!

kate said...

You look great and HOLY COW that is one stocked closet! :) I'm sorry about the PUPPS and I hope it resolves itself soon. And I'm sending little Maggie healthy baby growing vibes. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Magnolia said...

GREAT photos! I love the nursery. Oh, and this Maggie will definitely keep your Maggie in her prayers. :)

Chelle said...

Love the pics! You look Great!

Ryan & Deb said...

Jen, you look fabulous!!! I hope those babies calm down for you and you can give Maggie some more time to grow!! They'll both be just fine, I'm sure!! You are NOT failing them AT.ALL!!!!!

that closet, oh my goodness!!!

Ryan & Deb said...

Jen, you look fabulous!! I'm sure your babies will be just fine, but hopefully they'll calm down for you so you can give them a little more time in the comforts of mommy!!!!

that closet, oh my goodness! what loving, generous family and friends you have. you're so blessed!!!

Tiffanie said...

wow, you look awesome!!! and, your showers were so cute, i love the themes!

i hope your belly starts feeling better soon.

question - when did you start acupuncture and how many times did you go? i found a really nice lady who i am going to 2x this week, up until ER, and then again 10 days after transfer if i make it that far. on the day of ET i will use the in-house guy. you can either post on my blog or email Jadedog17@aol.com. thanks so much:)

Stephanie said...

Your showers look like so much fun. You got so many nice things! How exciting. Your belly pics are looking great too! I hope you don't have PUPPS b/c the only way to clear up PUPPS is to give birth. :( I have weird skin so I always worry I'm going to end up with PUPPS. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe that the time is getting closer. We're so happy that the twins are progressing. Can't wait to hold them in our arms. Love the pictures!!!
We love ya,
Mom