The doctor is no longer worried about the babies and their growth. Between our 30 week and our 32 week ultrasound each of our little guys put on about a pound. Since they are showing consistent growth, even though Maggie is still smaller, they are both looking good. At 32 weeks, she was weighing in at 3lbs, 12 oz. and he was 4lbs 10 oz. They should still be putting on a half a pound a week, which means I figure by now, we are around 4 and 5 pounds! Since so many of my friends have recently had early babies, I know that 4 pounders aren't bad at all. I'm 34 weeks tomorrow, and I have no signs of early labor or concerns. Our doctor said that as of now, if I go into labor on my own he won't stop it! Crazy!
I'm still on Procardia, but I'm getting more contractions at night. They say it's normal, but man is it uncomfortable, and it makes me have to pee everytime it happens. Fantastic, lol. He will take me off of it at 35 or 36 weeks, and I don't know how long my body will hold out before it starts contracting again without the medicine. We're hoping to make it to 36 or 37 weeks, and I'm leaning towards a voluntary c-section even if he is willing to let me go vaginally. Both of the babies are head down now, but with Ben being in line to come second and being bigger with a big head, I don't want to chance delivering one and having to have intervention to have him! I'm going to talk to our doctor about this more next week, at our last appointment he was rushing out for a c-section and I forgot to ask.
I do officially have PUPPPS. It's miserable, but it's getting better. I took these photos at 31 weeks when it was at its peak. I was willing to think the rash on my belly might have been something else, but then it spread around my entire body. I'm only willing to show cyberspace my arm and my belly, there were other areas that were worse! God Bless Dr. Google, because between the homeopathic remedies and my acupuncturist, I think we've been kicking its itchy little butt. I have been taking Dandelion Root supplements, using something called Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap two or three times a day, and taking my antihistimine from the doctor only at bedtime unless it's really bad. The rash has mostly disappeared, but I've had more itchiness on my belly again the past couple of days. Since this isn't a condition that affects the babies, the medical community doesn't seem too concerned about it. It will hopefully clear up after the babies get here, but I've heard people say they are still chasing down spots of rash for 4-6 months after delivery!
Lily really is excited about becoming a big sister, I'm sure of it. Don't let her face fool you. 
32 weeks! I still don't think I look like I'm having twins, or like I'm measuring 45 weeks, but I really shouldn't complain! I am so blessed to even have made it this far, and I can't believe I'm still pregnant!
And 33 weeks! This was taken on St. Patrick's Day, so don't mind the goofy shirt. Actually, there's a funny story about this tank top. I found it back in like November on clearance at the Gap Maternity store. It was like $1.99 and DH insisted I should get it. I said, I can't imagine where I would possibly wear something like that in the winter, unless I'm still pregnant on St. Patrick's Day. Well what do you know, still pregnant! It looked ridiculous, but hey, I just wore it over to my parents for dinner. No one saw me in public :-)
And that's about it! Our only other big news recently is that my husband is looking for a new job. . .his company had to do its third round of layoffs, and his department didn't get spared this time. While getting laid off when your wife is 33 weeks pregnant with twins is certainly not ideal timing, we are staying hopeful that it will all work out, and that there was a reason this happened now. If nothing else, it certainly is giving us plenty of time together before the babies get here, and I don't have to worry about driving anywhere by myself, or possibly going into labor when he's almost an hour away from the hospital. Oh, and someone is almost always here at my beck and call :-). I think I'm starting to nest, and he can help me do it!
32 weeks! I still don't think I look like I'm having twins, or like I'm measuring 45 weeks, but I really shouldn't complain! I am so blessed to even have made it this far, and I can't believe I'm still pregnant!
5 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the PUPPS. Ugh, how miserable! But glad to know it is getting better!
Ok...so how's this for the crazy similarities?! Our baby boy was measuring 4 lbs 10 oz at 32 weeks, our girl, 3 lbs 12 oz. Both are head down, but the girl is first in line, which is also making me nervous about a vaginal delivery. Just too funny that we've had so many similar things going on with our babies. :)
Hope you are enjoying your time off. I have definitely gotten used to being off work and I don't mind the no working part! Being stuck in the house is a little more frustrating.
I have tons of contractions at night too, and the having to go pee thing makes me crazy!
You poor woman! That PUPPS looks unbearable! Glad you've been able to manage is somewhat!
you look adorable! and i agree - not at all like you are having twins :)
oh, that rash looks sore. Hopefully, you can keep it to a minimum.
Fantastic pictures!
i'm sorry to hear about all the icky itchiness and andy getting laid off. but on the other hand, you still look GREAT! and so glad the babies are doing well. i agree w/ you - go for the c-section. that would be a nightmare to have to go through labor and a c-section! yuck!
Post a Comment