Friday, February 13, 2009

My Husband Rocks and other updates


I haven't done this in many, many weeks, but my husband really has been rocking! So let me start by bragging about my hubby.

Pregnancy is rough. It's rough on me, of course, physically and emotionally, but for him - it's hard in different ways. He's the one picking up the slack, he's the one who has to climb the ladder to paint, he's the one who has to haul around the stuff I go out and buy. Right now, he's in the kitchen cleaning up from the dinner he made. He gets up and fetches things I ask for, he brings the laundry up and down the stairs and he makes me go to bed when I'm nodding off on the couch.

But I think more than anything else, everyday I can look at him, and more and more, I picture our children in his arms. I picture him being a Dad, I see him showing them off, and pushing them around in the stroller. I see him sitting in the glider and rocking a baby to sleep. I picture him teaching them to walk, and laying on the floor and playing and talking to them like he talks to our pets.

I am more excited about making him a Daddy than I am about me becoming a Mommy. Partly because I see him being better at it!

In other news, it's probably about time for some updates. We have now had three baby showers. Three! Early in January, when my best friend was in town my SIL threw me a surprise friends shower. Then, early in February, my other SIL threw our family shower. And on Thursday, our kids "surprised" my teaching partner and I with a shower at school. With 81 6th graders. Oh my.

I'm almost 29 weeks now. 29 weeks! As far as I'm concerned, with twins, it almost seems like anytime after 28 weeks is great. I can't believe I've passed that milestone, and I'm so grateful for every day I can keep these babies cooking. Since our episode in labor and delivery, I haven't had a return of the evil contractions, so the medicine is doing the trick.

Our nursery is coming along, it's kind of a mess right now with all of the shower gifts, but we've added a rug and a lamp, and just a few things to the closet. I blame my SIL's and MIL for most of those clothes!

And apparently pictures will have to come later because Blogger hates me tonight.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like your DH is doing a great job taking care of you! I know mine is doing everything...absolutely everything these days since I am not allowed to do anything at all. I know it must be hard for him. The men really do a lot of work with all of this pregnancy stuff too.

How fun to have all of those wonderful baby things! We are having our family shower a week from tomorrow, I can't wait! Although...we have no nursery in our house, we live in a one bedroom townhouse. So where will all the stuff go??? Who knows!

I agree with you too about the 28 week milestone, hitting that is such a relief. I'm hoping to make it to 36 weeks. Hang in there! the time will fly by for both of us!

andrea said...

aww wtg andy!

i feel the same way about mike - the closer we get to the baby being here the more i see him as a dad, a really really wonderful dad. and the more he talks about it the more excited i get!

aannd i want to see new pictures :)

Tiffanie said...

so glad that you and the babies (and andy!) are doing so well. can't wait for the picture update:)

Tiffanie said...

in response to your comment about my luck w/ the lupron - don't worry, i am still milking it! i mean, i am still getting daily injections for gosh sakes! and, i am horribly bruised from it. so, bring on the cookie dough!