Monday, January 11, 2016

Then it Starts All Over Again

It's 2016.  January is always such a time of restarting.  I am not a resolution maker.  I'm not a big goal setter when it comes to my personal life, more of a person where I feel like I am constantly trying to do things better.  In January of last year I did a 31 day organizational challenge and tried hard to make things better around here.  Some of the systems continued, some of them we will have to try again.  Work was lighter last year, I had more time in January.  This year, my business is growing, my kids are busy with school stuff and afterschool stuff and I think my spice cupboard will have to wait.

 I am really trying to use my planner better, exercise more and drink more water.  Those are all tedious kinds of things, but goals and I guess resolutions.  Yes, the end result is good, but it's maybe not so much fun getting there.  So I decided to set a fun goal for myself, and this year, I'm back to doing more and better photography.  And, since I needed a place to park those photos, I guess I might also be reviving this blog.  So, here's my first post of this years Project 366.  It's a leap year!

My camera is new and upgraded, I am using Lightroom for editing, and I feel like I'm getting better at photography every day.   My last project 365 was in 2010.  That doesn't sound like that long ago in time, but, well, my first post that year looked like this.



So yeah, life is a little bit different.  2016 started more like this:


One more fantastic kid, different house, babies that can read and write and do stuff, new jobs for both of us, although Andy's is an old new job, glasses, but using the toasting glasses from our wedding, and both of us need to maybe get some more exercise.  

It's a new year.  Let's do this! 




January 1st -  This year, we had to celebrate New Years Day without the whole family.  My Mom had it at her house, and as my Grandma was testing a dumpling, I thought again just how lucky I am to have her in our lives.  


January 2nd - I had to include both of these.  Maggie got these foldable animals for Christmas and she is so proud of her collection she has made.  


This is just Ben showing off some Legos he did and an epic photobomb by Daddy in the background.

January 3rd - All three kids helped Daddy to install the new toilet seat.  This is a game changer.  No more potty seat on the floor in the downstairs bathroom, it's built into the seat!


January 4th - Just my first grader, reading a chapter book on his own.  In his head.  This reading thing is insane.

January 5th - Grandma and Grandpa left for Florida the next day.  We always miss them when they are gone, but we will see them in February. . .in Disney World!!

January 6th - Andy never believes that he falls asleep on the couch with the kids. . .too bad I can't capture the snoring.

January 7th - I think these next couple are out of order, but SHHH.  We love Marco's pizza night.  It's a fundraiser for their school, and a great excuse to not make dinner.

January 8th - All the kids got Kindle Fires for Christmas.  The sound of silence.   


January 9th - Birthday party with friends.  I am so so glad that in signing Mia up for dance, I have made some of the best friends I have ever had.  These are Mia's besties, and they love Maggie like one of their own.  


January 10th - Just an honest and sad view of my kitchen.  When work gets busy, the mom part of my life gets behind.  Someday. . . 



So, don't mind the dust, and if you're new here, feel free to read through the archives of the old days, where blogging was a form of therapy and a place to put pictures of babies.  I can't promise daily or weekly posts, but I'm going to try to keep going with this.  

Happy New Year!  


No comments: