Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Two Weeks. . . .still going

So far, I have fewer pictures taken at 11:55, but more pictures of that youngest child of mine.  Mainly because she spends more time with me, and she's always willing to pose, lol.  I take more pictures these days with my phone than I used to, so I will be peppering some of them into my project photos, since they are mainly things that happen in my day on the fly.  

No major news here, just hanging around.  Schools back in session after a three day weekend, and we all have a bit of a cold.  Here's my week!  

January 11 - Well, it snowed.  We have had the weirdest winter.  No snow for Christmas, warmer weather than you would imagine, and now coming back to school, we have some chillier weather and snow finally.  The kids are excited.  Just cold.  


Mia defies the weather and continues to wear her favorite dresses.  Since we spent that whole day inside, it was a great choice for one of the coldest days we have had.  Oh, and yes, that IS our Christmas tree tipped over on the deck.  It was windy too.

January 12 - Mia loves to help shovel the snow.  And play in it.  And wear cute hats.  That hat was Maggie's for two years in preschool and it just fits her little sister's personality perfectly.

January 13 - This little girl loves to shop with me.  She is so easy, and it makes me really wonder what happens when people only have one.  I know that I would never have had one four year old, but it is just so nice sometimes just her and me.  This is her helping me by holding our list at Kreigers.  When we go there, usually about once a week, she charms so many people, and she is the biggest fan of one of the cashiers there.  She loves to watch for Miss Karen and to go through her line.  She is the president of her fan club for sure.  

January 14 - Not as organized as I was last year, but I am working to do at least part of an organizational challenge this month.  In the kitchen, my biggest thing this last week was that I cleaned out the whole refrigerator and it looks so sparkly and clean.  Plus I got to use my new label maker.  For Andy.  Plus, the kids who know how to read and stuff.


January 15 - Daddy's girl.  Sometimes.  She's usually just all about me.  She sings songs about me and tells me she loves me 32 times a day.  

January 16 - Maggie has taken to sitting on heating vents.  It's pretty funny.  She's just too scrawny for cold weather, but it just reminds me of a cat.  
January 17 - These are the moments.  They asked me for a sleepover and Mia refused, but these two dragged their two little mattresses into Maggie's room, got together about 15 lovies each and snuggled up for sleep and photos.  I don't know if I have ever seen them look so much alike as they do in this picture!  

January 18 - The thing about days off when they are all home, and I have stuff to do.  I tell Andy this, they only play nicely, quietly and without bickering when they are making a big old mess.  This was just another birthday party for one of the lovies.  There were legos, snacks, drinks, and every little people house involved.  We have basically given up our living room, the empty room of requirement that so far only has random furniture.  I would like to get a couch in there someday.  
  

January 19 - And then today.  Mia was not quite herself last night, and feeling a little sick.  I let her stay home with me today, and after sleeping until 10, she mostly seemed recovered.  I figured she needed the sleep, and well, it's preschool.  

This is how she lined everyone up for a TV show.  

And that's it.  Just a normal week.  Sold a house, working on finalizing our plans for Disney and trying to catch up on way too much laundry.  

Happy January!

No comments: