Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Bottling Time

I missed my first birthday eve in 6 years.  This is bugging me a lot, and I was actually debating backdating it to not break tradition.  The night before Mia's 4th(!) birthday, I think I went to bed early.  We have had a long couple of weeks, the last week of school, followed by Recital Week for both of my tiny dancers, and then an unfortunately timed case of strep throat, I have just not had time for a thing.  Her birthday honestly snuck up on me because, really, how can she be four?

Four.  She is 4.  Looking at her, I don't think anyone would really believe it.  She is still tiny, and her hair is short, and she is still my baby, but then she looks at you like this:


And all that sass just shines through those big brown eyes.


January 10, 2016 - Okay, I lied.  It's January.  I owe her a post.  We'll do a huge one for 5.  But that little girl, that four year old who is now four and a half, is the light of my world.  I cannot imagine life without her.  She's funny, and sassy, and sweet, and loves us all, and especially ME so damn much.  I'm sorry I missed her birthday post.  But I'm not sorry for all the days between then and now.  She is my near constant companion, perfect exactly as she is, and if I could keep her 4 forever I would.  

Back to reality  Back to January.   

  

No comments: