So a couple of weeks ago, we went. We set off on Saturday, met the grandparents for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. . .and had to go home because it started to rain. We tried again the next day, and it was a beautiful day. Beautiful day, but filled with problem after problem. First of all, the beautiful orchard we had gone to last year wasn't being picked the weekend we went. We had to get back in the car, drive to another orchard. It took us several tries to find the right one. We had taken the babies in the front carriers so picture taking was awkward. The apples didn't look good, the trees were overpicked . . .you get the point. Ben got hungry, and I ended up back in the car, nursing him in the parking lot while everyone else picked apples. The light was awful for picture taking anyway, and I ended up being frustrated and disappointed. I had such high hopes, and if nothing else, I just wanted to pick some nice apples and get some good pictures.
Well, we got these. Bad light, bad angles, and a family shot where Maggie was facing the wrong way.
And got this.
So I guess our trip to the apple orchard had at least one redeeming outcome. Who cares that we weren't there for the pumpkins?Last weekend we had the babies' baptism at my grandmother's church. Everything was very nice, the babies cooperated beautifully (other than Ben spitting up as soon as his bib was off and about 6 more times afterward) and I was so excited to see the pictures after watching the cutest moments from up front. Ben gazing up at Rev. Paul while he said prayers over him, Maggie giving him a somewhat disgruntled look when he sprinkled the water on her head. I hadn't given my camera to anyone because my Dad was taking pictures.
Because sometimes I catch moments like this. My son, the ladies man.
I absolutely love this photo of Ben. I think it is just a beautiful head shot of my handsome boy. Model anyone? I've been meaning to enter them into something!
I can't believe I have six month olds. I can't believe they are half a year old, that I have had so much time to be their mommy. I can't believe that six month postpartum I am still wearing maternity clothes. But that's another blog post all together. This was the first month where we were almost sitting up, so we tried to just support them with boppies under the backdrop, in case anyone tumbled over. What happened turned into some of the cutest pictures I think we have.
And life moves on. I will be our family historian and photographer. No big moment will be missed. But as I was getting this post done tonight, I was thinking of all the mental pictures that I don't grab the camera for. Ben, rolling up onto his side to snuggle with Mama at bedtime. Maggie, snuggling on my shoulder fighting sleep. Me, pumping once again to give these babies milk. Moments of our lives that I want to remember forever, but moments that will surely fade away. I can always look back at photos, blurry, badly lit or perfect. But I wish I could remember, to take a mental picture, to catalog every moment of my children's lives.
6 months. Wow.
3 comments:
glad i'm not alone on the picture issue (i get a little crazy when someone else has my camera)
but i have been trying to take pictures - but not - lately, i want to live the moments too.
i can't believe they are 6 months old....
and i LOVE the pictures :)
I agree-great bunch of photos! I'll have more of Gabe and the rest of us up on my blog soon :)
Love, Beth
Yea, I know I am like a month late in reading/commenting, but they are SOOOOO ridiculously cute!
My goodness that little brown hat is adorable! THEY are adorable! Glad to hear you're doing well!
Post a Comment