In an effort to make record keeping a little easier, my Mom found us these cute little calendars where you mark the major milestones with a sticker that is provided for big moments. "Stands with assistance", "sleeps through the night", "special trip". We've used some of them already, marking doctors appointments, special visitors, first smiles and that lovely sleeps through the night that doesn't of course mean every night, but was a very welcome addition to the calendar. These are the big things, the things every parent should record for their child, the kinds of things you want to remember when they are older.
Ben hit a big one this week. Last Sunday, he rolled over! Supposedly. Andy claims to have seen it, the dog was blocking my view when it happened. He rolled from his tummy to his belly, that one time, and doesn't appear to remember how to do it again. There will be time for rolling, I'm not too worried about it. I can't believe I missed it.
Sunday was a banner day for babies around here, because something big happened that deserves a big gold star on the calendar, maybe a parade, or a plaque. Last Sunday, Maggie nursed.
Let me say that again. Maggie nursed. Maggie nursed!
My daughter, after 4 1/2 months, figured out how to nurse. Both sides. Like it was no big deal, or like we hadn't been trying with a lot of screaming since she was born. She has done it every day since, without a lot of fuss. I've been able to nurse her to nourish her and to comfort her. It's amazing. We even almost got tandem feeding on Friday, except I couldn't help hold both boobs, and Ben latched on by himself which freaked me out. Maybe we'll get it down, or maybe we'll just keep taking turns.
We had our first round of family colds this week. I got sick. Andy got sick. Ben got sick. Maggie got sick. Maggie actually ran a fever and seemed the most pathetic, so I felt awful for her. She just seemed so sad. She has trouble breathing when she has a binkie in her mouth which really seems to make her upset as she loves her bink! I'm so mad that I brought this stupid bug home from school. We even got my Mom sick.
One of the things we did over the weekend was head out to breakfast and to the mall looking for outfits for the babies baptism in October. We poured over the Macy's baby department looking for something for either of them that looked appropriate. Oh my God the cuteness. All kinds of girly dresses and pajamas, and onesies and outfits, the ruffles, the lace. On the boy side, not as much of the cuteness, but I did find him a tuxedo (we don't want to pay for that anyway), polos and sweaters. Nothing that seemed to match Maggie's dress or that we thought was what we wanted.
So we played at the mall, and got them some things. I have done very little shopping for my own babies, and I enjoyed just finding a few things that I wanted to buy for them. One of the purchases that made me the happiest was finding a cute little brown knit hat for Maggie with flowers on it. We brought it home, and put it on her head and she looked so sweet and so happy with herself. When I started this blog that day, she was sitting there with me while I typed, just smiling and kicking in her little brown hat.
These aren't days that are going to go on the calendar. But these are the days I want to remember.
2 comments:
you mean there are no pictures of the hat?! :)
i am glad things are going so well - maggie must know her mama misses her during the day!
hope school and work and andy's schedule are all working themselves out - gianna wants to play with ben and maggie again, she'll show them how to roll over for sure!
We are looking for Baptism outfits too. When are your babies being baptised? Our is October 4th.
yay for Maggie nursing! How exciting! I have to say I would not be able to tandem nurse without my little 'boob pillows' as I call them from www.udderlyyours.com you squish them and put them under your boob then they puff up a little bit and lift your boob...so you don't need your hands! I love mine! I use them with ever nursing. They are $25 each (for one pillow...so $50 if you buy 2), but for me they have been worth it.
Post a Comment