This will be my second post in November. Crazy. I just once again was thinking about how this is the place I store my memories and my stories, and there are so many little ones I just have to tell. In no particular order for as long as I can sit her to write them out:
Maggie is an absolute bear in the morning. You cannot get her up for anything other than shaking her and dropping her feet on the floor until her legs straighten. I have contemplated on multiple occasions throwing her in a cold shower, but that just seems cruel. To me, because of course I'm the one that would have to deal with her wrath.
Ben bounces out of bed, gets dressed and talks my ear off. I remember he used to be quiet. I think. Every day, same questions. Is it going to be hot or cold. Are we going anywhere? Is anyone coming to see us? I'm afraid I am not always very receptive to the chattiness until the coffee is done. Sorry buddy.
One benefit though is he kind of appointed himself Maggie's alarm clock. He will take his kitties, make them make the annoying kitty voices in her ear and climb on her. Yesterday, without any prompting from me, he brought the very loud and obnoxious Handy Manny toolbox in, played it over and over while she kicked, and screeched, and we both laughed at her. He's a genius though, it worked.
Mia is failing at being two. The girl knows all the words to Never Grow Up, Rock me Mama, Roar, and 1000
years, but doesn't know her ABCs. She can use words correctly like mentioned,
eventually and string together complex sentences, but she can't count to 3. She
can identify a hippopotamus, but told me the other day that a pig says Moo.
Clearly we are failing at two and skipping ahead to 4. We made some deliberate
choices in books at the library today and I am trying to change up my bedtime
songs.
She is however potty training. We bought her some My Little Pony underpants the other day, and now she is finally excited. I wasn't missing that in my life, but at least there is only one of her, and I'm not trying to nurse a newborn, so it has to be easier than last time!
The other night I had to run to Walmart and promised to take Ben along. He went upstairs, got socks for Mia, put them on her feet and insisted she come with us. I couldn't say no to this big brother generosity! I really think he had a better time having her along, even though I wouldn't let him "get" her anything other than the underpants!
Maggie is getting very bossy and stubborn. I have no idea where she gets it from. She complains constantly that I am doing things wrong, or I promised something I am not delivering, or she is absolutely, no doubt about it, right about something that I know she is wrong about. Fun times.
There is a paint sale this weekend at Sherwin Williams and I am itching to start tearing down some more wallpaper. I really want our family room done before the holidays! I have decided that probably the carpet should wait awhile. In addition to not having the money, we have a toddler in underpants, and cats.
One of our cats has a large tumor. She probably isn't going to make it much longer, and while that is sad, we have never been very attached to her (or her to us) until, oh the past couple of weeks when the kids have been crazy about her. Sigh. I hate thinking about how they will deal with it.
Someone is crying upstairs, Maggie and Ben are in Mia's room where she was not napping (didn't rock her right, I guess) and now I think I better check.
Pictures next time, I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment