Monday, March 11, 2013

Oh for the love of Pete's sake.

^^^^My new favorite expression of frustration.  I heard Ben use it a couple of weeks ago, and I know it was a perfect blend of a couple of my most frustrated expressions.  Oh for the love of God (although I try to leave God out of it, and it ends up with Oh for the love,) and of course, Pete's sake.  I haven't updated this blog since January.  Oh for the love of Pete's sake! 

One thing that is a good, reasonable excuse is that I have been trying to update my real estate blog 2-3 times a week.  And since that is my job, or at least work I am doing to make my job more productive, that has been my focus.  If you want to follow me there, take a look at my real estate blog

The other excuses are not as good.  Busy.  Remodeling.  Children.  Candy Crush.  Ebooks.  Blah blah. 

I do have one good excuse I guess.     
 
We went to Disneyworld! 
 
There is something surreal about going to Disneyworld with your kids.  The first night when we checked in, the girl at the front asked me if it was my first time there.  It almost took me a minute, but then answered her.  No, but it is my first time here as a Mommy. 
 
I have been to Disneyworld several times in my lifetime, several of which were in my teens.  I remember it, the rides, the hotels, the feel of the parks.  But being the one in charge, doing things for your kids, and being a visitor and a mommy in the parks was something very different, and completely awesome.
 
We started out by driving down to my parents place in Florida.  The trip went surprisingly well, other than the constant potty stops.  We have discovered in the past few years that driving at night is our best option, and it worked this time too. 
 
I think the kids were changing into their suits before we unpacked the car.  We headed down to the beach where the kids did a little frolicking in the very cold water. 
 





We headed out to Disney the next day.  I have so much I could say about the trip, so much I would like to tell, but the stories can wait.  I think most of the pictures from the trip will speak for themselves. 





















 
A little round up of the rest of what we have been up to since my last post, and then I am done for the night.  Hopefully someday very soon, there will be pictures of some of our remodeling projects.  And by pictures, I mean hopefully I will finally have something to take pictures of!  Slowly but surely. . .
 
Matching head wounds.  That little one definitely takes after her big brother in that respect!
All monkeys must be put to bed every night.  She has added other lovies and dollies to the mix too, so there is barely room for a Maggie in that bed at night. 
Child labor is free.  See that hole?  Ben made it all by himself.  He was so proud. 
Maggie was very enthusiastic about using the hammer. 
She was a very good and very patient painter.
Maggie has been taking a weekly ballet class.  She is adorable, the kids are adorable, and that much pink in a room is hilarious and so so cute. 
If you are a Mommy blogger, or on Facebook, you may have seen the posts making the rounds about the Mom staying in the picture.  I don't have the original link, but it really stuck with me.  These kids don't care how Mommy looks.  They don't care what I'm wearing, or what my hair looks like, or how much weight I haven't lost since having all of them.  They love me because I am their Mom, and it is such an awesome thing.  When they look back on the pictures of their childhood, I am trying to remember to just stay in the picture.  I was inspired this morning to just have fun with them. 
This picture cracked me up.  Don't they look like stinkers.  Doesn't this look like the pose of three teenagers? 
Silly faces for the camera. 

 
Silly outfits, and silly girls playing dress up.  
 


 
 My beautiful brown eyed girls. 


And a couple of my silly Valentines.  Ben was so proud to color all 16 of his dinosaur valentines.  
 




The end.  February bled into March, March wll soon be April.  I will have two four year olds in this house.  Crazy.  These crazy busy days?  I wouldn't trade them for the world, but oh for the love of Pete's sake do we need them to slow down.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all of the pics that were taken on our Disney adventure. It was great sharing the wonder of Disney through the eyes of all of you.
Love, Mom

andrea said...

you're right, the disney pictures DO say it all. love them!!