Just a quick post. With Valentine's Day around the corner, love is in the air around here. Well, the love word is being thrown around a lot anyway. Specifically with Ben throwing out the I love you Mommy constantly. He will tell me when I tell him, or just out of the blue. Or when he is in trouble. He likes to smile slyly and hug my leg and tell me he loves me when he is doing something that is driving me crazy.
I'm positive he gets that from Andy, minus the hanging on to my leg thing.
He also, at the ripe old age of two and a half, has learned that he can use the word as a weapon. Because the other thing he keeps telling me? "I don't love Daddy." When you ask him why? "I don't love him" (which sounds more like "I don't wuv he."
Oh boy. He will yell it when he is mad, even if Daddy isn't home. I honestly have no idea how to react. In a way, I know it is normal for him to decide he prefers Mommy. Or there's the Freud thing. He spends a lot more time with me, and it makes sense. It's kind of nice to be the Mommy on this one, because he loves me more. To be fair, he has also told me he doesn't love Maggie, or Mia, or Nama, or Grandpa, or Lily. . .you get the point. So we talk about how it is okay to love more than one person, how everyone loves him, and I love all of them. Or we ignore it. I don't know how Andy does, it would kill me if he was saying it to me, even though I know this is a normal stage. I didn't realize it would come so soon, and I didn't realize how much it would remind me of what is coming, "I HATE you" from a screaming teenager. Same tone, same eyes, I imagine. Hopefully better enunciation and grammar.
This isn't much of a post. House selling stuff is killing me. We had three showings and an Open House in the past week and a half. It is great that the house is clean and decluttered. It stinks that we have to reclutter it, and get our clutter back from where we stashed it every time. Maybe sometime this damn house will sell!
Pump is turning off, and I am turning in. I really hope to have a Valentine's shoot tomorrow, and some portraits for my G this week.
1 comment:
oh these kids and their words.
the first time Gianna said "i don't like you mommy" i wanted to die a little. and when she hugs me and says "i love you" just because i melt into a huge puddle!
Post a Comment