Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More, More Photos Part 2

Thanks to buying more space, lol, I can bring you the rest of my post from last night.  And after doing a little bit more research, I have decided that possibly the fact that they had a card on file was not evidence of Google taking over the world bit by bit, but of the fact that I once bought a $1.04 app for my phone that had to go through my google account.  Phew. 

Where we left off in Florida, still February 18. . .

February 19 - In my opinion, this set of beach photos turned out better than anything I have taken, possibly ever!  What I discovered as a lazy learner, is that late afternoon sunshine, high contrast between your subjects and the background and water and sand in the background make for brainless shooting.  The only thing I felt like I was constantly fighter was shadows.  Oh, and fast moving subjects. 










February 20 - No idea why I don't have a photo from this day?
February 21 - Back to the beach again!  We had a mainly lazy day at home since this was the day afterAndy headed back home.  Since my Mom and I were there by ourselves, we didn't get many photos.  We had mainly been playing the other days in what amounted to a giant puddle from the tide.  This day, it was deeper, and they each would only walk around holding our hands.  But, you gotta love sandy toes in February! 


February 22 - Lowry Park Zoo.  Not the best photo to pick to see expressions, but I was amazed to find that we could feed the giraffes!  For cheap and up close.  You should have seen the look on Ben's face when the real life Ba ate the lettuce out of his hand.  There was obviously no way for me to do this while taking photos, so this one has to do. 
They had an awesome time running around in the kids water park area at this zoo - SO much fun!  I was so glad I had read about it and brought a complete change of clothes so they could play. 

And the highlight of MY day at the zoo, we got to ride the kiddie train.  That went in a circle that was about the size of my front yard.  Even my toddlers didn't seem too impressed, but hey, it was free!
I helped them pick up the goat food that other people had dropped on the ground to feed to the goats.  Ingenious and budget friendly, no? 

February 23 - This is a horribly overexposed photo.  I think I had my camera set in the wrong mode on the dial, and obviously it is way too bright.  So why, you might ask, would I bother posting it?   Because I think it was the only damn time on the entire trip or in recent memory of any photo where they are both looking at the camera!  Big sigh.  If only I had been shooting in RAW. 
February 24-25 - I took pictures.  I think.  I don't know where they went, and I had too many others to bother trying to hunt them down tonight!

February 26 - My SIL's baby shower that we have been planning and working on constantly.  It turned out beautiful, everyone seemed happy, and she loved it.  Now, I have a birthday party for my LO's in just under 3 weeks.  Ask me how organized that is?  Ugh. 
February 27 - Just a funny picture of Maggie eating a huge piece of quesadilla.  You wouldn't think looking at the two of them that she was by far our heartier eater.  But she is!
I love this picture my Mom took of Ben and Maggie helping with diaper changes.  One thing we love is cornstarch powder (no one ever inhales it, I promise).  It has been a godsend for diaper rash, and it is completely fine with our cloth diapers.  Plus, I get to powder bebos and toes. 
February 28 - "Let's try to get a picture together!  Ha ha, Mommy, ha ha.   
March 1 - My little diabolical duck.  What is he plotting?  Who knows?
March 2 - Thought I would post some nursery progress.  As in "we ordered the bedding and stuck it in the room"
 You know, the middle of the office that still doesn't look at all like a nursery. 
March 3 - Hey, a big box!  Tired babies here watching Sesame Street while sitting in the big box.  
March 4  - Just out of curiousity, I tried on Maggie's Easter dress from last year after bath.  Sure enough, her 6-12 month dress still fits.  Oh my little peanut girl.   
March 5 - Happy Birthday Party Cousin Ryan!  Oh the trouble all these cousins are going to get into over the years.  You can already see Ryan learning things from my two.  Adding a couple new ones here in the next couple months and we will have 5 cousins within 2 years and 2ish months of each other.  Oh boy!  Also, just a belly shot of that last one on the way for now. . .that shirt (maternity) barely made it over my belly at. .. 24ish weeks!
March 6 - Speaking of bellies and little cousins on the way, here is my adorable SIL at her second baby shower.  We didn't really do a great matching pose here, but you get the idea. 
I couldn't leave this one out, Ben's first basement haircut with the clippers.  He did really well for a really long time with a sucker until, well, until he started making this face.  Poor guy!
March 7 - We did manage to clean out a closet here for new baby girl, and I've hung up her new to her wardrobe so far.  We are counting on plenty of hand me downs from Maggie, at least until she catches up in size!  I bought the girls coordinating outfits for the 4th of July at one of our local resale shops. . .and it hit me that by July 4, we'll have another little one here! 
March 8 -  Just an example of why I was considering quitting the project 365 thing.  This was one of those "oh crap it's 11:00" photos, but it does have a little bit of a funny story.  We had been using Santa nightlights in both of our bathrooms since December.  It's nice since I get up like 3 times a night.  I asked Andy if we could splurge on new nightlights, and he tried to just detach the Santas.  Which ended up blowing out the bulbs in BOTH of the Santa nightlights.  Um, I'm thinking they might have been a fire hazard???
March 9 - ???
March 10 - I'm kinda a "take a belly shot when I feel like it" kind of girl, one of the reasons I took this one was because, holy crap, I'm getting huge!  I think this is 25 weeks. 
March 11 - The energy and excitement of the whole family on this night. . .
March 12 - The snow melted like 30 minutes after we went inside, but we had fun playing in it, making a snowman and having Daddy throw snowballs at us. 
March 13 - I had promised my SIL maternity shots, so we did a shoot on this day.  While I know I'm not very creative, with adding my fancy flash and having the black backdrop, I think I'm improving my art!
March 14 - She sat in this corner for the longest time, talking to Kee, feeding him, talking about the food, I love how they have started pretending!
March 15 - Finally almost back to a normal bedtime routine, just a few of the books we read at bedtime! 
March 16 - A nice little group photo, no?
March 17 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!  We had lunch with our Irish Baba, and it was lots of fun at the restaurant.  At home, I tried to get some group shots.  Fail. 


Seriously though, can I get her a modeling contract?
This picture had great possibilities, but the sourpuss look on her face makes it not quite what I was after. 

March 18 - We ended up at Nama and Grandpa's for dinner with some family from out of town.  I asked Andy to try to snap some photos of the kids before we left and this is the only one he took.  
March 19 - We were very excited to see the Blimp circling around outside our window at breakfast.  Of course Maggie was calling it a Pimp. . .
We did get a couple of cute kids in the sun pictures.

March 20 - We went to the zoo with the kiddos, and they were very excited to wear their sunglasses and hats.  Does he look like a tough guy or what?
March 21 - Fun with sidewalk chalk and outside toys.  What a way to celebrate Spring's arrival! 

If you made it this far, bless you!  And I hope you enjoyed our photo update.  It was obviously a long time coming!

4 comments:

andrea said...

the ben sunglasses picture - he looks like such a man!!

Mom T said...

What a great group of pictures. 6-12 months. Well, at least she gets a lot of use out of her clothes. Sure enjoyed looking.

Sandra Cookie said...

Jen, I have to tell you - I usually get bored by looking at pictures of other people's kids, but your children are so adorable and you're such a good photographer that I always look forward to your photos! So cute. Good luck with your pregnancy!

-Sandra

Paula Keller said...

Your kids are so freakin' adorable!

I'm so loving the diobolical duck and the kids in a box!

Florida. Sigh... My old home. Oh how I miss it right about February every year.

AWESOME photos! Who cares if you miss a day here and there. LOVE these posts!