I was thinking about this, and thinking that the confessions I would make these days could just be about my kids, or could be about me in general. We'll see what happens if I combine it a little.
- Our Superbowl party this year consisted of the two of us, the two of them, and a lot of screaming and tantrum throwing. I imagine at some people's parties this year that would have been the Steelers fans, but in our house, it had more to do with the actual stealing that goes on around here.
- At dinner tonight, some of the words out of my mouth included "stop touching me", "why do you have to keep poking me?" and "Mommy doesn't understand what you are saying right now, stop whining"
- I have started almost every day of this pregnancy with a cup of coffee. Typically, I am drinking it while taking my Zoloft, so really, shouldn't those two things balance out somehow?
- We hardly ever wash our kids hands before they eat. We wipe them off after, but I keep thinking that it is probably gross that we don't do it before!
- Last weekend we went out for a date with a friend of Andy's and his new girlfriend. I felt old and frumpy, and that was before we tried to go bowling and ended up in a bar. We didn't get carded. We were in a local college town, and apparently when you have men who are growing gray and a woman with a big pregnant belly they don't bother carding you anymore.
- The last time we went to that particular bar I am pretty sure we were celebrating a cousin's 21st birthday and I had to pump in the car on the way home.
- I have gotten hooked on Wordsmith and Angry Birds on my new phone. I have already turned into one of those people who is on their phone all the time.
- I like to DVR movies like "Mean Girls 2" on ABC Family
- I like to read in the bathroom, not because I'm always doing something that takes a really long time, but because it ensures me some alone time away from my children.
- I am almost always late. I always pictured responsibilty and timliness to set in with age. . .still waiting
- Speaking of that, it occured to me the other day that I am now a Mom. Not like that is big news, but I was remembering how I used to babysit all the time back in high school and college, and it occured to me that those women would have been probably about my age. They always seemed so together, so responsible and mature and, well, Mom-like. I still feel a little bit like a fraud when I am giving instructions to Andy's teenage cousin who babysits for us. When did I become that Mom?
- I really miss Pepsi when I'm pregnant. I will drink coffee, but I don't want to buy pop? Every time I think I would cave and maybe order it somewhere they have Coke products. Blah. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.
- I go through spells of complete laziness and all I want to do is lay around, goof around on the internet, watch TV and read. Children and being a grownup get in the way of that, and I get kind of resentful. Of course other times I go with it, and that leads to feelings of guilt.
- I would probably have more confessions if my husband and my mother weren't some of my most loyal followers.
4 comments:
We... seem to have very much in common.
it was a fun backup plan!!
your second to last one, about the lazy? DITTO!
I can relate with most of this. Especially the Pepsi one, although I am a Coke person. When I was pregnant with Jonah, I craved it and gave in daily instead of coffee until I decided the calories weren't worth it. Then only sometimes and only from McDonald's, cuz it's the best!
You make me feel so normal!
I totally gave up caffiene during my pregnancy. Like 100%, and I wouldn't even drink green tea. Now what do I buy a case of every week? Cherry Pepsi.
I read in the bathroom also. It's gotten so bad, that when a magazine comes in the mail, I just put it in the basket in the bathroom. Isn't that awesome?
I am rushing every damn morning to get to school on time now, and I hate that feeling. I just can't seem to get out the door with the twins at a decent time.
Great post!
Post a Comment