This weekend was one of the most productive we have had in a long time! On Thursday night I receive a much - welcomed (and anticipated) call that school had been cancelled for Friday. Yipee!!!! One of the only perks we have as teachers I think - snow days!
I slept in, but got up and did 4 loads of laundry, folded and inventoried my first stash of cloth diapers, sorted and inventoried all of our baby clothes, and emptied the dishwasher. I SO would be a happy stay at home mom to be :-)
Friday night Andy started working on our nursery closet organizer. Saturday morning we went and picked up our glider from BRU. We came home, Andy finished the closet organizer. His Dad came over and they installed the new light fixture so we'll have light in that room. Saturday night we went out to dinner and then came home and moved all of the baby stuff into the nursery. Glider was assembled. Hallway and stairwell were taped and prepped.
Sunday morning - Andy runs to Sherwin Williams. Taping gets done, painting gets started. I picked up my Grandmother so we could go out to order our nursery furniture. Furniture ordered - cribs are in stock and will be delivered on Saturday! The rest will follow when it gets in. Sunday night the sibling crew was brought in and the hallway and stairwell are finished. Except for the very top that we still need to figure out how to edge (darn cathedral ceilings).
This morning, I went to the hospital for my gallbladder ultrasound (I only got one glimpse of head) and my glucose tolerance test. DH's car wouldn't start so he is working from home today. I am going to take a well deserved nap.
All in all, things are really moving forward, and I'm feeling so much better about our progress! Our next shower is coming up in a couple of weeks, and after that, I think we will be in pretty good shape.
25 weeks!
3 comments:
sounds like a perfect and very productive weekend!! i can't wait to see the hallway and NURSERY!! when they are finished
Hey! What is this, like two blog posts in a week? Spend it now, for the free time is precious... Can't wait to see the cribs in the room :)
WOW!! You were productive!
That's fantastic!
Post a Comment